12 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Making bold decisions is a big part of our history – and with talented people like you on board, we’re confident it’s going to be a big part of our future. NOW TV is our exciting internet TV that’s revolutionising the sector with a bold approach, fresh ideas and the latest technologies. We’re transforming the way our customers view content by making Sky Movies, Entertainment and Sports available across a range of devices.
As NOW TV are part of the Sky family, you’ll benefit from either: free Sky Q (one off payment required for installation) or a NOW TV premium package as well as an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
As a Solution Architect in NOWTV, you'll be responsible for the architecture of NOW TV Europe’s OTT Clients (Mobile, Connected TV’s, Roku etc) its Content Management Systems (CMS) and their use of Sky’s international OTT platform and interfaces to various local systems in Europe.
- You will be accountable for the definition of solution designs which balance the needs of the business with the evolution of the technical landscape by:
- Working with business leaders at an ideas stage to ensure they are aware of how technology can help them meet their business challenges;
- Creating and delivering innovative end-to-end solution designs for products that meet the requirements of the sponsor while maintaining the overall integrity of the Technology systems estate;
- Supporting the individual product streams in the maintenance and construction of their system roadmaps;
- Working with delivery teams assisting them in aligning to the overall solution architecture and adjusting the architecture as needed in the face of changes to requirements through to product launch;
- Working with delivery teams in developing solutions that are secure, highly responsive, scalable, highly available, and resilient in the face of failure of dependent components and systems;
- Ensuring solution designs align with prevailing Technology strategy, and the relevant technology and corporate policies (such as security, data management and retention, PCI, etc.).
- Hands on, demonstrable, experience of defining solutions architectures that deliver all platform aspects of an OTT IPTV product offering.
- Hands on, demonstrable experience of defining and delivering architectural solutions that support very high numbers of peak concurrent users, that are highly available, and highly resilient in the face of dependent component failures.
- Deep understanding and delivery experience of building web-oriented distributed systems architectures.
- Relevant OTT client development experience eg iOS, Android, Roku, Web/HTML.
- General understanding of wider technologies adopted by OTT solutions eg IP/TCP, ABR, Encoding etc
- Knowledge of machine learning & big data with a view on its application to customer journeys.
- Demonstrable track record in software engineering working within a software delivery team.
- Demonstrable track record in a software and systems design and/or architectural capacity working in the Media industry delivering OTT and/or IPTV services.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better