6 months ago
Oracle Public Cloud - Senior Security Engineer- Security Architecture (Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development)-20000WGC Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development
Any EMEA location considered.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
Are you interested in securing a large-scale distributed cloud infrastructure and platforms? Oracle's Cloud team is building new IaaS and PaaS technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed and rapidly growing multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with the most secure cloud services.
We're looking for hands-on security engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult security problems in distributed systems, multi-tenant services and large-scale infrastructures. If this is you, at Oracle Cloud you can help design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, and working on ambitious new initiatives. A security-focused engineer at any level can make significant technical and business impact.
As a Security Engineer you will work closely with software engineers from the various cloud service teams to build a secure architecture that is fundamentally sound and efficient. Your influence over the design of the full system architecture is critical. You should be familiar with security at all levels of the software, hardware, and network stack; while being exceptionally deep in a few. Intellectual curiosity and an excitement for the challenges of securing complex, massive systems are a must. You should value simplicity and usability as well as security and work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment.
Things you’ll do:
* Drive and champion security tool development (e.g. scanning tools)
* Consult software development teams in design and architecture of secure systems
* Identify areas of improvement through threat modeling and other analysis
* Champion and consult on secure development life-cycle practices
* Prototype and design security solutions for new and challenging problems
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
* 5+ years of experience in security engineering or related field or equivalent experience
* Experience working in a large cloud or Internet software company preferred
* Strong application/product/software security background
* Experience in two of the following areas:
** Defensive security
** Offensive security
** Architecting security solutions
Additional qualifications for particular role:
* Web application security engineer:
- Expert in web application vulnerabilities and mitigation beyond the OWASP Top 10
- Expert in web browser security
- Expertise in federation protocols (SAML, OAuth)
* Network security engineer:
- Experience building network security architectures for complex global networks
- Expertise in large-scale routing (BGP, route reflectors)
* Database security engineer:
- Expertise in Oracle database security capabilities (Oracle DB, Exadata, MySQL, NoSQL)
- Expert in database securityDetailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Product Development
Other Locations: Netherlands, Finland, Belgium, Poland, Denmark, Slovenia, France, Czech Republic, Italy, United Kingdom, Sweden, Luxembourg, Spain
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire