2 months ago
Operative/ FLT Driver
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our friendly team based at our Croxden site in Cheadle on a 6 month fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Site manager, the successful Operative will be responsible for undertaking all site duties safely, receiving raw materials, storage of them, production, despatch and housekeeping.
You will also take responsibility for:
* Meeting daily production target requirements
* Reporting of data for quality purposes
* Moving, loading and unloading product from the plant and vehicles
* Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround
* Continuous Improvement of performance standards
* Continuous improvement towards plant and production methods
* Good housekeeping
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate woudl ideally be able to demonstrate previous experience of working within an industrial, factory or similar environment as a Fork Lift Truck Operative, Multi-Skilled Operative or Labourer. However, experience of working in a team, good communication skills and a willingness to learn are more important as full training can be provided. However, a Fork Lift Truck license is essential.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
* Training and development opportunities