30 days ago
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our friendly team based in Tarmac Cliffe Bagging Plant, Kent. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting in to our Site Manager, the successful Operative, will be responsible for undertaking all site duties safely, understanding CRH and SHE safety, receiving in raw materials, storage, production, despatch, housekeeping.
You will also take responsibility for:
* Meeting daily production target requirements.
* Reporting of data for quality purposes.
* Moving, loading and unloading product from the plant and vehicles
* Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround.
* Continuous Improvement of performance standards
* Continuous improvement towards plant and production methods
* Good housekeeping
The Ideal Candidate
Are you an experienced Operative, Production Operative or Forklift/shovel loader driver? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting for an Operative and we want to hear from you!
As our ideal Production operative, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar production & despatch environment. You will also:
* Possess good communication skills and be numerate
* Ideally, hold a mobile plant licence for diesel counterbalance forklift truck
* Be a proficient communicator
* Be a good team player
* Have experience of manual handling
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
* Bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
* Training and development opportunities