about 1 year ago
Operations Technician (Mechanical)
Technician – Mechanical - St Fergus
Play an important role in running our Gas Operation
We are National Grid, and we are at the heart of energy. From heating homes to making sure businesses fire on all cylinders, we’re using our engineering excellence to connect people and the planet. We’re also looking to the future – innovating, inventing, and transforming – to make possible the energy systems of tomorrow. And that’s why there’s never been a more exciting time to join us and help us to make a difference to people’s lives every single day.
We’re looking for an Operations Technician (Mechanical) to join the team to help keep the operation running smoothly.
* Undertake installation, inspection, commissioning, operation, repair, maintenance and emergency response activities associated with Terminal, Compressor Station and Pipeline and AGI systems and assets in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
* Undertake safe setting work for self and others, of work activities in accordance with the safe control of operations procedures contributing to a team culture of safe working and safety compliance in all work activities.
* Support the construction and commissioning of new assets onto the gas transmission system and other non-load related projects in accordance with relevant policies and procedures, identify the requirement to replace/upgrade existing plant and equipment.
* Contribute to the development, review and update of emergency, security, safety, operational and environmental plans and procedures to ensure safe and cost effective operation of plant and equipment, undertake the roles of incident controller and site main controller during planned and emergency situations in accordance with the on and off site emergency plans.
* Ensure that the high pressure pipeline system is protected, including the monitoring of third party work, aerial sighting response, cathodic protection monitoring, support of the in-line inspection programme.
* Oversee and inspect work activities undertaken by contractors and working party members where required to provide assurance that technical and safety compliance standards are being maintained and undertaken
What we’re looking for
* Someone educated to a minimum qualification NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical or Gas related relevant subject or a formal apprenticeship in a relevant discipline (Gas/Mechanical/Maintenance).
* Must have relevant experience in operational maintenance or repair work with a mechanical background gain in a big asset type of organisation.
* Full and valid UK Driving Licence
This important role will see you ensure the smooth running of a vital area of the business. If you can rise to the challenge and responsibility of keeping our gas operation running, then this is the position for you.
* Salary c.£30k reviewed each year based on your skills and knowledge for your role and your performance
* Standby allowance when able to work independently
* 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 statutory days and an option to buy extra holiday days
* An annual bonus based on the company’s performance
* A generous pension scheme
* Flexible benefits scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Register your interest
To have your CV reviewed and considered for these opportunities, please click on the Apply button and one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in touch. Please state your current salary through the application process when prompted.