about 1 month ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the generation of new markets and the transformation of industries and society. As such, we are very keen on enabling educators and learners worldwide to access state-of-the-art technologies and tools from the vast Arm ecosystem, to produce the next generation of engineers needed for our increasingly connected and intelligent world.
Arm Research is growing to take on the world’s leading technological challenges. ARM is looking for a highly motivated Operations Coordinator to support senior Research management, manage the Cambridge office, co-ordinate with multiple partners both within the business and external, increase research productivity through process standardization, facilitate communication, and provide general logistical support the research team. You will be part of Research Operations, a dedicated team shaping and running processes to enable the success of Research. You will be enabling and supporting research engineers in all non-engineering activities as outlined below.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is keen to kickstart and develop their career in Operations in a fast-paced tech environment.
You will be accountable for:
Recruitment of new hires including:
* Organising interviews, liaising with hiring managers and the People team.
* Ensuring a smooth new starter process for onboarding and be the key point of contact for Interns during their placement at Arm research.
* Create and coordinate a Research induction programme.
* Assist with all general site issues to ensure a smooth Research working environment. This will mainly include liaising with IT and facilities.
* General purchasing and contract negotiation for the Research department
* Book and manage team meetings and presentations
* Co-ordinate the orginsation of team building activities
* General support to the Operations Director
Events and Meetings support
* Planning of international Quarterly Programme Reviews (based in Cambridge)
* Liaising and organising internal and external research speakers and assist with visiting partners in the commercial, government, and academic realms.
* The role is responsible for arranging and organising onsite and offsite conference support for global department.
* Minimum qualifications of excellent A-levels or equivalent
* Positive can-do attitude
* Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications
* Ability to prioritize, time manage and adapt to multitask both independently and as part of a team.
* Experience in working in a dynamic environment and ability to work under pressure.
* Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills
* Excellent people skills while being enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable to a fast changing environement
* Proficiency with online meeting tools, including Skype for businessUsing their own initiative
* Creating and improving business processes
* Event planning and organization experience
* Technical background or experience in the tech industry
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
At ARM, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global ARM community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road