3 months ago
Operations Manager (Herefordshire North)
Job number: UK11818
Company/Division: Balfour Beatty Living Places
Career area: Operations Management
Region/State: West Midlands
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager (Herefordshire North) to join our Living Places business unit to work in Herefordshire.
* Accountable for the end to end delivery of revenue related operations including highways maintenance, winter maintenance/ Emergency response and drainage operations, ensuring that the service is resourced appropriately to meet the contractual requirements and the Planning and Delivery of revenue operations is in line with budget expectations and required quality standards.
* Responsible for building effective relationships with Herefordshire Council clients whist ensuring that budgets, resources & strategies are in place to ensure long term profitability and expansion of the contract.
* For this role you do not need to need pervious Highways experience.
The project and the team:
It’s a Highways project working with Herefordshire council, the value of project you will be working on is £ 3 million and you will be part of a team of 30.
What you'll be doing
As a Operations Manager (Herefordshire North), you will:
* Ensure compliance with all statutory and company procedures across all the functions, H & S specifically;
* Manage the area’s financial and business performance to meet budget / agreed targets providing contribution into the month end process;
* Review performance of plan/programme and work towards long term solutions for repetitive problems;
* Understand, anticipate and deliver client requirements in terms of budget allocation, annual plan development and providing value for money;
* Maintain a framework for performance management, succession planning and the development of people within the team
* You will two highways supervisors reporting to you
Who we're looking for
* Have appropriate industry experience and a technical qualification degree or similar;
* Be highly motivated to deliver customer satisfaction;
* Be able to demonstrate leadership skills that will inspire the team to succeed;
* Have commercial awareness – understand cost of doing business, SLAs and KPI;
* Have an understanding of basic works programming.
* Pervious client management experience
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic ‘place shaping’ agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the ‘road’ to deliver the potential of the ‘street’: a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.