30 days ago
Base Location: Stornoway, Na h-Eileanan an lar
Salary: £45,200 - £68,603
Working Pattern: Permanent Contract | Full Time | Flexible working options available
About the Department
Our SSEN Distribution Customer Operations teams are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
What is the Role?
To be SSEN’s senior manager in the Western Isles. To have full accountability for all its Customer Operations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The role will be the face of SSEN in this territory and will liaise will all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the business runs safely, efficiently and compliantly where exceptional customer service underpins everything it does. Effectively manage a team of direct staff and contractors undertaking work for the business. The role requires someone preferably with engineering experience who could undertake operational duties on rota when required, however strong stakeholder engagement and people management experience are equally valued.
What do I need?
- Strong, proven Leadership skills
- Trusted by those around them. Is credible, reliable whilst their focus is on others and not self-interest.
- Manages their time well, focussing on priorities. Avoids procrastination.
- Remains open to the differing views of others, are not defensive and admit when they are wrong.
- Does not accept the status quo. Lateral thinker who challenges current working practices and provides innovative solutions to improve safety, customer service and efficiency.
- Emotionally resilient
- Manages the performance of their people and teams – has honest conversations, whilst also encouraging and rewarding success.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others. Is visible to their staff in their environment.
- Excellent IT skills
- Full, current driving licence
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with -******* / --******. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
If you successfully secure a role with us, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.