about 1 year ago
Requisition ID :2021-84491
Work Location :GB-Norfolk-Great Yarmouth
Department / Discipline : Operations & Maintenance
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking an Operations Manager to join our Process & Energy team within the Operations Services business. The role will be remotely based, however you should live in the East Anglia region as we look at strategic growth in the area.
As part of this position, you will direct and guide the growth, development and delivery performance across the region & Europe. This will include development of the Southern North Sea growth strategy, and entry into new sectors.
You will be accountable for safety, technical, managerial and financial performance across the region, assuming budgetary and P&L responsibilty and demonstrating clear safety leadership; achieving monthly and annual targets and embedding company values
Furthermore, you will manage ongoing business, be responsible for budget setting and delivery, contracts, capacity and resource management, and capability management. You may be delivering a number of services and capabilities and may manage a single major office or facility of multiple smaller offices / facilities.
* To actively manage the Key Account Management and Customer Development Planning process for the SNS region, must have detailed local SNS knowledge.
* Manage major emergencies and act as Incident commender if required.
* Achieve agreed operational growth & financial KPI’s and annual targets.
* P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection
* Deliver performance management objectives, agreed business plans, budget and targets and report on both opportunities and risks impacting on the business.
* Provide mid-term direction to operational management team(s) in order to meet business plan goals
* Maintain operational integrity and excellence, ensuring robust governance, subcontractor management, and performance reporting. Work with leadership teams and operational leads to improve delivery performance and maximise delivery opportunities throughout region and wider business where required.
* Establish and implement policies, and ensure appropriate governance mechanisms for continuous monitoring of their proper implementation
* Actively identify, pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalisation and technology use, work share and high value engineering centres, to bring value to Wood and customer
* Track risks and opportunities via registers and mitigation of current or emerging risks across country/Region to maximise performance.
* Have a leadership ability to build teams, resolve conflict, motivate, coach and develop colleagues.
* Ensure our people and the worksites at which they operate are safe and well managed.
* Own HSSEA matters across assigned area: ensure HSSEA values are delivered and adhered to at all times, proactively leading and demonstrating safety behavioural values. Lead and focus the team to attain all HSE plans, supporting continuous improvement and ensuring legislative compliance.
* Ensure robust Management of Change and builds a learning culture
* Deliver growth in the areas of responsibility through close collaboration with Business Development. Develop and own business plan.
* Develop regional growth and business plans, and drive internal pull through, bid and tender activity.
* In support of continued growth, ensure that the organisation develops responsive, dependable and cost effective services, servicing target markets, collaborating across business units and business groupings, and actively leveraging Wood solutions to address customer needs
* Foster and enhance customer relationships with open, honest and effective communications. Work with customer-facing teams to improve scope of work/offering, understand and deliver customer required level of services.
* Lead proposals and call-offs, ensuring compliance with contracting policy and standards of ethical conduct.
* Be a role model for ethical behaviour, standards and compliance with applicable laws and policies.
* Effectively manage harmonious customer relations to ensure continued and increasing business.
* Be responsive to customer needs whilst ensuring the Company operates with the utmost integrity, in line with Code of Conduct, Company values and all applicable laws and policies.
* Have overall accountability for effective recruitment, selection and retention of talent within assigned area
* Identify and support development of talent, effective performance and capability management of teams and direct reports, dealing with underperformance in a prompt, professional manner
* Passionately pursue and support, demonstrate and embed company values.
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree qualification in Engineering, Scientific Discipline, or related technical field with significant experience in a technical organisation.
* NEBOSH / IOSH qualification
* Recognised and accredited management qualification
Knowledge, skills and experience:
* Experience of working in the SNS, Onshore and Offshore
* Demonstrated ability to manage major emergency (MOME)
* Lives locally to (2 Hr mobilisation / response) time to Norwich Heliport)
* Extensive track record of successful operational and strategic delivery within relevant industry sector
* Broad and deep understanding of the industry and strong networking and relationship building capability
* Experience of operating at a senior level on industrial sites, COMAH site or equivalent
* Experience in delivery and delivering improvement in a contract environment
* Experience of managing an operational delivery team
* Experience in Initiating, developing and operating a culture of continuous improvement through KPI’s, Leading Indicators etc.
* Successful Track record in business growth
* Maintenance theory and test practice, TAR preparation and execution processes and project management principles
* Strong relevant technical expertise or commercial/business management applied in a technical organisation
* Knowledge of current HSSEA and other legislation as applicable in the industry
* Strong influencer, negotiator and mediator
* Flexible to respond and adapt to changing internal and external context
* Decisive, with ability to make decisions and follow through, ensuring learnings are captured
* Exceptional communicator both verbally and written
* Strong team builder, listens to needs of team, and capable of identifying and adopting best practices to engender a spirit of cooperation and energise people towards optimum performance
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.