11 months ago
Title : Operations Manager
Requisition ID :2018-31344
Work Location :GB-Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Department / Discipline : General Management
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
It’s a great time for you to join us.
Wood is growing its offices in Gloucester, Gloucestershire and Bristol on the back of significant opportunities in the nuclear new build and existing generation programmes. We are winning new contracts and want you to join our team. We are a professional, friendly and supportive team, who can offer exciting development opportunities across a range of projects. The south west of England is dynamic and thriving environment in which to take your next step in your career.
We’re looking for people
Who have experience or transferrable skills into the nuclear industry or other highly-regulated industries. Whether you’re beginning your career or already operating at a senior level, we’d like to meet with you and discuss the exciting opportunities on offer.
We are a people business
People are at the heart of Woods business. We work together to deliver the best outcomes for our customers and we're united by our values of Care, Commitment and Courage. As we as aspiring tto technical excellence we are passionate about diversity and inclusion: we are members of Women in Science and Engineering (WISE), have signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant and have Mental Health Champions in all our nuclear offices. We also have a technical support network in the nuclear business, through the Head of Profession network. This enables planned progression and support to undertake roles aligned to the current and future nuclear generation assets.
The business at our Gloucester, Gloucestershire office is growing and as such we are looking to recruit a Operations Manager to join the wider leadership team within the Nuclear division of Wood. The role is expected to be a combination of technical resource recruitment, management and development and additional duties across a range of activities related to account management, project delivery and business development.
Your key responsibility as a Manager will be the recruitment and management of a growing team of technical specialists, through an active recruitment programme. These staff will mainly be based in the Gloucester, Gloucestershire or Bristol offices, although there are some embedded at client sites. You will be responsible for their on boarding, day to day pastoral care and personal development, ensuring their performance meets expectations and that they are deployed to appropriate client projects to meet defined utilisation targets. You will also be accountable for the deployment forecasting and reporting for your staff as well as the recruitment of new people to ensure the sustainable growth of our technical capability.
As well as your core resourcing accountabilities you will also provide support to the other members of the team, including the Framework and Account Leads in their pursuit of both existing and new customers and contracts, their development of new bids and tenders and their management and delivery of ongoing projects and tasks. You will also work with the technical, engineering and project management Heads of Profession to help guide the training and long-term career and personal development of your staff.
This role will present excellent opportunities for you to strengthen and develop your skills in effective leadership and the management of a team of technical specialists and for you to develop a successful career in operational management.
The expectation is that there will broadly be a 50/50 split between resource management and account development and delivery.
Skills / Qualifications
Essential Skills / Experience
* Experience in the recruitment and resource management of a diverse technical team within a scientific or engineering business
* Experience of driving performance and motivation through effective personal leadership, delegation and communication
* Demonstration of collaborative behaviours both locally and across a wider business landscape
* Demonstration of strong communication skills using a variety of approaches to achieve the desired outcomes
* Demonstration of discretion when discussing difficult or sensitive issues with staff along with the offering of appropriate solutions or corrective action
Desirable Skills / Experience
* Experience of resource management within a nuclear business
* Experience of effective management of embedded staff at a remote location
* Experience of building relationships with individuals and teams to facilitate collaborative working across the wider business
* Demonstration of leadership in an HSSEQ or emergency planning role
* Experience of working in a technical delivery environment
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations. You can also buy up to an additional week’s holiday and we also have a time off in lieu system. We are also introducing enhanced payment of family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* We are introducing private healthcare for all staff.
* Flexible benefits are also being introduced where you can have access to travel insurance, critical illness cover, dental benefit, childcare vouchers, cycle to scheme and more.
* International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as group income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
JOIN US ON THE JOURNEY
You can also come along to our open event, bring a copy of your CV if possible:
DATE: 6 November 2018
VENUE: Gloucester, Gloucestershire Guildhall (Blue Coat Room)
TIME: 2 - 8pm
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.