2 months ago
Altran are recruiting an Operations Administrator to be based in the Bath office on either a permanent or 15 month FTC basis.
Altran UK is leading global provider of innovation and high-tech engineering services, consisting of global delivery teams and expertise centres with a focus on engineering disciplines.
You will work as part of the Operations team performing operational duties and providing support to the Operations Team, Managers and Director, supporting the operational aspects of the business as well as providing support to the Project Management team by administering project delivery processes and undertaking project administration for a range of projects as required by the business. You will be able to travel for business and work away from home from time to time.
* Maintaining Resource Allocations
* Timesheet management: chasing/rejecting/querying and running/updating reports
* Management of the time booking system
* Administration of the Project Inception and Closure gates
* Maintenance of the Project Register
* Maintenance of the non-permanent resource population
* Maintenance and governance (auditing) of the operational aspects of the Management Systems (BMS/QMS/IMS)
* Administering contracts with customers including raising invoices, purchasing, processing expenses and financial reporting
* Analysing and reporting on business information
* Other duties as deemed appropriate by the Operations Manager
* Scheduling project gate review meetings from the bid stage through to completion (including inception and closure), producing and distributing the associated agendas
* Maintaining project gate review records
* Supporting successful delivery of projects according to the pre-determined Time, Cost and Quality objectives
* Ensuring effective and accurate communication with the client and within project teams
* Issue monitoring, escalation and resolution as appropriate
* Other activities as deemed appropriate by the Operations and Project managers
Skills / Experience
* Ability to demonstrate a commitment to developing your career in operations management.
* Experience of working in an operations or a project administration role.
* Basic understanding of the project management principles and it will be an advantage to have some knowledge of the engineering lifecycle.
* Good problem solving and analytical skills
* Good communication skills (written and verbal)
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport with others
* Self-motivated, able to use your initiative with a can-do attitude
* Organised with good time management and the ability to rapidly switch between different tasks – this role involves working for multiple managers and being able to prioritise your workload.
* Comfortable working both as part of a team and under your own initiative.
* Take accountability for doing a good job and completing your tasks on time and to a high-standard.
* Ability to remain calm, effective and succeed in a sometimes fast-paced and exacting environment.
You will be supported in evaluating your training needs, which will be addressed through a mixture of on-the-job and formal training.
Altran UK’s Operations and Project Management communities align their professional development with the Association for Project Management (APM).