about 1 year ago
Operational Trainer and Assessor-TWMA-UKLD01321567
Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that’s shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it’s our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees, our customers and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Join us at our site in Derby Etches Park and take pride in working on high quality, leading-edge projects that will drive your career forward.
We are currently looking to recruit an Operational Trainer and Assessor based in Derby Etches Park, United Kingdom.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To assist the Competency Manager in ensuring that staff working on our fleets are demonstrably competent to carry out their tasks and responsibilities in line with current legislation and industry standards. To ensure that competency assessments are carried out with minimum disruption to production and that the relevant documentation is maintained and kept up to date.
• Carry out competency assessments on Production staff, certifying competence and ensuring records are maintained to an auditable standard that meets the requirements of current legislation. (30% of the time)
• Carry out Risk Assessments on appropriate work tasks at all depots as required. (20% of the time)
• Develop and deliver training courses, technical and other, ie. Depot protection, COSHH, manual handling, site induction etc. (20% of the time)
• Carrying out in-process audits, product assurance and compliance checks at DMU Fleet locations. (15% of the time)
• In conjunction with the Competency Manager, responsible for entering data into the technical competency management system to support the needs of all depots and the team. (15% of the time)
• Qualified to High School GCSE Level B or above in English and Maths
Specialist or cross-functional knowledge:
• Qualified Assessor (D32/33 or A1)
• Qualifications in training techniques and processes (City & Guilds 7331 or equivalent)
Note: Both of the above can be delivered and achieved if the candidate has strong experience in Rail Engineering.
Relevant experience required:
• Competent to prioritising their own work
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Engineering background and experience
• Knowledge and experience of using MS Office
• English – advanced/fluent level in speaking and writing
• Problem solving
• Making decisions
• Written and spoken communication skills
• Entering data in to Competency Database
• Written and Spoken communication skills
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Technical/Customer Support
Primary Location: GB-ENG-London, UK
Employee Status: Regular