23 days ago
Amey are proud to deliver key public services within our Utilities Sector across the UK, partnering key clients like Severn Trent Water, United Utilities, Yorkshire Water, Scottish Water, SP Energy Networks and Northern Power Grid.
As an Operational Safety Advisor you will provide technical specialist support to the Scottish Water contract. In this role you will communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders providing tactical support from a HSEQ standpoint. Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day – from roads, railways and schools to waste disposal, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
What will this role involve?
Our aim is to create better places for people across the UK to work, live & travel whilst achieving zero harm to our people, the public & the environment and we believe that to do this we need to have the right culture & behaviours in place.
Key duties are as follows:
* Providing proactive, professional support to the operational teams
* Conducting site audits, ensuring working practices are safe and comply with legislation
* Active support to all supervisors and managers on the Amey Incident Management system.
* Acting as a commercially aware, focused and business minded member of the team
* Provide ‘value-added’ support to operational Managers so that they can effectively discharge their responsibilities specifically relating to Safety
* Applying best practice safety solutions that meet the business needs
* Supporting on the investigation and reporting of incidents and accidents
* Play a key role in the Governance of both internal and external audits by Client’s and Certification bodies to maintain the standards required
* Providing agreed MI at documented timescales for both business and clients for review.
This is a full time permanent position based at our office in Motherwell, this role involves travel to site.
What are we looking for?
* Experience of applying the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
* Entry-level qualification (e.g. NEBOSH certificate)
* Membership of a professional institution (IOSH, IEMA, CQI or similar) – or working toward membership
* A full and current driving license
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Technical knowledge, backed by some experience, in one or more of the following topics: Health & Safety, Environment & Sustainability, Quality & Assurance management systems.
* A working knowledge of accident reporting and ability to conduct incident and accident investigations using the recognised methodology and provide advice on preventive actions to address root cause.
* Able to undertake audits to current versions of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.