13 days ago
What is the purpose of this role?
* Working as part of the with the CEFA regional planning team to ensure the delivery of an efficient and effective provision of track access and safety critical resource to support the delivery of the CEFA project.
What will this role involve?
* Promote safe working practices; ensure full implementation and compliance with Key Processes and Safety Responsibility Statement below.
* Deputise for the Regional Planning Manager to undertake on-site management and on-call responsibilities as Duty Manager as required.
* Working as an integral part of the Planning team to participate in the assessment, development and enhancement of access planning systems and processes within the CEFA business.
* Liaise with other Regional Planners and the Regional Planning Managers to ensure the standardisation of planning processes and systems across CEFA.
* Assist the CEFA Route Manager(s) and Programme Manager(s) with the creation, development and enhancement of the baseline programme, including the provision of cost and resource information.
* Assist in the provision of support to the CEFA Delivery teams to ensure that the programme is planned to optimise the track access and safety critical resource available; and that their requirements are regularly reviewed and are effectively progressed.
* Assist in establishing and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders within CEFA, Network Rail and the Supply Chain in order that their requirements are fully understood and incorporated into the delivery programme.
* Assisting in forecasting resource demand and resolving resource conflicts during the long-term planning process, including the procurement of safety-critical suppliers where required to support and enhance the core team
* Assist in the provision of planning, cost and resource information to the CEFA Programme Director as required in order that accurate forecasts for workload and capacity can be determined.
* Assist in the improvement and enhancement of the utilisation of safety critical resources in conjunction with the CEFA Programme and Resource Manager(s).
* Support the standardisation of safety-critical resource management processes and systems across CEFA to support delivery of all work schedules and programmes
What are we looking for?
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Ability to work as an integral part of the regional planning team
* Ability to identify and share best practice within the business
* Working towards gaining good operating knowledge of the key processes for planning and delivering work on the rail infrastructure
* Experience in track access planning and safety-critical resourcing
* Knowledge of track access planning processes and systems
* Working towards gaining (PPS, GZAC) planning competencies
* SSOW planning competence
* Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
* Full UK Driving Licence
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Appreciation of the railway industry, particularly railway geography and network capability
* Ideally have experience in or hold Rail safety critical competence (COSS, ES, SWL1/2)
* Appreciation of Network Rail’s assets and how they are managed
* Relevant experience of working in a railway operating environment
* Appreciation of cost planning and resource management
* SMSTS / IOSH Managing Safe Work knowledge would be useful
* Computer literate with a full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly excel
* Accountable: Takes ownership of issues and tasks, even when challenging and empowers others to do the same.
* Action Oriented: Get things done, makes decisions quickly using experience and knowledge
* Conscientious: Follows rules set for their work, honouring commitments made, believes in ethics and responsibility
* Resilient: develops effective approaches for managing self and others through periods of organisational change
* Inquisitive: Seeks new ideas and ways of doing things to bring value to the business