6 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
To coordinate the delivery of property operations in a specific discipline (mechanical services) in accordance with all legal and regulatory frameworks, to enable users to continue to occupy and undertake business as usual in a safe and efficient manner.
• Lead a team in a specific discipline to deliver the requirements of the site within that field
• To help deliver the site(s) budget through prioritising work, reconciling conflicting demands, reviewing and revising timing of work to agreed deadlines.
• To deliver a proactive, trained and engaged team ensuring that the QinetiQ principles are embedded within the team
• Ensuring effective facilitation and co-ordination of third party contractors on sites
• Advising on management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
• Lead on distinct elements as set out by the Property Operations Manager eg. audits, risk register
• Manage task types of work to time, cost and quality
• Breed a culture of continuous improvement and ensure that best practice is shared
• Must adhere to the QinetiQ behavioural principles
• Must have excellent organisational Skills.
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to work and engage across departments.
• Must have good verbal, written, listening and negotiating skills.
• Good IT skills
Experience & Qualifications
• Knowledge of health & safety and environmental legislation
• Knowledge and appropriate qualifications gained through relevant training, with an experience of delivering FM Service with the ability to be appointed as an Authorised Person
• Knowledge of all relevant UK Regulatory Bodies, Local Authorities and associated legislation
• Challenge current maintenance regimes and services to deliver VFM
• Sound experience with dealing in subcontractor services (scope, cost and delivery). Ensuring delivery of VFM and QHSE standards
• Understanding of the principles of contract management and experience of procurement of suppliers including the following areas: Service Delivery Management, Relationship Management and Contract Administration,
• Good stakeholder management. Ability to develop productive working relationships with a wide range of people across all levels. Have sound and strong interpersonal skills to deal with team and a very diverse customer base.
• Track record in managing teams and dealing with conflict / poor performance
• Define and drive a positive work, safety and customer culture across the teams
• The ability to manage a diverse workload