5 months ago
The role holder may manage a small/medium design team. They are a competent design authority on larger or more complex solutions, demonstrating an understanding of the customers’ business and commercial issues. They identify, design and deliver larger or more complex architectures, strategies and specific solutions.
Responsible for the design and communication of structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. Changes to service, process, organization, operating model and other aspects may be required in addition to technology components, and solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met or, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
• Complete responsibility for technical input to qualification and business approval meetings, designing larger more complex solutions.
• Shapes technical proposals to be commercially acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs.
• Defines the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, controlling technical scope and the work of the design team in order to ensure an acceptable cost structure.
• Represents Fujitsu at customer forums, conferences, and professional bodies to build Fujitsu’s reputation in the market place.
• Establishes customer requirements for a solution building strong relationships and acting as a major influence in the customer choosing Fujitsu.
• Contributes to definition of customers’ overall IT architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity, and can manage the work of specialists contributing to the design and implementation.
• Shares knowledge with colleagues and makes useful additions to the Fujitsu knowledge base.
OPSP SharePoint specialist required to produce application hosting proposals and to design hosting solutions in response to RFCs and RFQs for hosting and related Architectures such as COAST (Comprehensive Operational Application Services Toolset), under the guidance of a Principal Architect/Solution Owner. These Application CSAs will become Subject Matter Experts in the applications hosting solutions they design and will be expected to provide consultation in the areas of their expertise throughout the programme lifecycle and in support of live service.
The App CSAs will report to a Sprint Manager or Programme Lead, and a Principal Architect and Programme Manager. The App CSAs could be part of a rainbow (Fujitsu, Industry and MOD) Sprint Team and will also liaise with the other SMEs for Infrastructure, Applications and Enterprise Management as required.
The Apps CSA will need to be comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum environment; be happy to engage with all levels of MOD Customers (including those of significant rank); be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines; and be flexible and amenable to work on and hence travel to MOD sites.
The role holders will be responsible for the ownership and delivery of the required documentation.
Key Performance Indicators
• Demonstrably operates as the overall infrastructure Customer Solution Architect [CSA] for large, complex solutions.
• Regularly has large, complex designs, incorporating trade-offs from the original specification, accepted by the relevant business approval review, without any requirement for design changes.
• Authors design and test documents for large, complex infrastructures, whose risk and cost elements are accepted by the overall CSA or Project Manager.
• Can evidence regular contributions to customer forums, conferences and professional bodies.
• Tangible recognition from customers and/or Fujitsu sales of being a major influence in the customer choosing Fujitsu.
• Using company prescribed methodologies, can demonstrate a contribution to the definition of customer overall IT architecture, including new solutions or significant size and complexity and which contain solution components from contributing specialists.
• Regular contribution to, and user of, company knowledge repositories and events.
• General Knowledge of Applications Hosting, Development and Deployment
• The candidate will be required to hold the relevant level of clearance required by the project or be eligible to obtain the required clearance.
• Knowledge of military C4ISR/Command and Control applications
• Systems and Software Engineering background including all aspects of the solution lifecycle
• Experience of operating within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Can front and own a broad technical solution including design, costings and risks
• Able to provide technical leadership and strategic direction
• Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers
• Strong client facing skills
• Knowledge and experience of the take on and implementation of MOD applications and any associated GOTS/COTS components
• Knowledge and experience of Microsoft and Unix technologies
• Knowledge and experience of Virtualisation technologies, deployment of applications under Citrix, via VDI
• Excellent communications skills, written and verbal presentation
• Technical knowledge of MOD IT systems, security policies and enforcement
• Knowledge and experience of implementing solutions IAW JSP440, 480 and JSP604
• Knowledge of End-User Applications implementation
• Knowledge and experience of supporting military data communications systems
• Knowledge of and experience in engineering tactical data links
• Experience in Cloud technologies such IaaS/PaaS/AaaS including products such as OpenStack or equivalent would be very useful
• Experience designing app hosting solutions for Containers such as Docker would be useful
• Familiarity with operating within a DevOps focused environment
• Experience with Automatic Build/Deployment/Testing tools
• Knowledge of Command and Battlespace Management arena
• MODAF - UK Ministry of Defence Architecture Framework
• SOA middleware & ESBs
* Requisition ID: 18000IOE
* Shift: Day Job
* Posting Date: Jan 7, 2019