5 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
OSS is looking for motivated, experienced and skilled Supervisors with expertise in repairing power generation equipment. You will have leadership skills and a desire to learn and grow in this ever-evolving industry. You should have knowledge of GE, Alstom or similar other OEM rotating power equipment and experience with machining and welding, with an emphasis on large lathes, boring bars, drills and mills.
This job requires extensive, yet paid travel in the Americas and overseas.
As the On Site Services Supervisor, you will:
* Lead and supervise repair jobs at site and act as the representative of OSS in front of the customer (internal and external) to ensure safe, quality and timely completion of work
* Support OSS Service Manager (SM) for on-site repairs
* Execute assignments according to GE EHS and Quality requirements
* Complete all pre-job planning and post job reporting required, fulfilling the needs of the customer as assigned including machine and tooling preparation, ordering parts and supplies and preparation and review of EHS Safety Plan / Quality Plan
* Be proficient in all aspects of the On-Site machining (OSM) service offering to be able to independently complete assignments to the satisfaction of the customer
* Ensure OSS EHS Rules are reviewed and understood with crew prior to starting work
* Hold daily Tool Box talks to address any safety issues that may arise
* Provide technical direction to those performing the work on Customer sites in line with technical requirements
* Special duties can include but not be limited to: projects as assigned by OSS management, development of innovative service offerings, delivery of training to broader OSS team, and to drive safety, quality, and customer-centric culture to OSS team onsite
* Operation of machine tools as assigned, both in and out of the service network
* Ensure documentation is completed: Safety Task Assessments (STA), Safety Observations, Quality documents, technical data sheets, list of procedures followed, etc.
* Provide OSS progress updates to internal customer team and OSS SM
* Communicate EHS concerns / ideas via STA’s, Safety Observations, and weekly safety calls
* Mentor and develop OSS technicians on the job
* High School Diploma / GED
* Some experience in steam and/or gas turbine technologies
* Ability and willingness to travel significantly with no restrictions, both domestic and international
* Ability and willingness to work overtime and 2nd shift
from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will
be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates
may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled
EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is
unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test.
For further information please visit the UK Border Agency
* Commitment to environmental health and safety
* Commitment to integrity
* High degree of experience / expertise with machining and repair of rotating and static turbine equipment repairs
* Ability to gain access to and work in nuclear power plants and foreign countries
* Minimum of 10 years of Field Service or factory repairs experience
* Experience with developing instructions and leading an hourly union workforce
* Experience with portable machine shops
* Ability to interpret drawings and specifications in standard and metric dimensions
* Competent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to communicate with and earn and maintain the respect of our customers
* Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
* Spanish language skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United Kingdom, United States; New York; Other, Unspecified