4 days ago
Altran are looking to recruit an on-site Service Manager for a team of maintenance data engineers in support of the UK-based A400M aircraft fleet
Altran ranks as the undisputed global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D). The company offers clients an unmatched value proposition to address their transformation and innovation needs. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialisation, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. For over 35 years, the company has provided expertise in Automotive, Aeronautics, Space, Defence & Naval, Rail, Infrastructure & Transportation, Energy, Industrial & Consumer, Life Sciences, Communications, Semiconductor & Electronics, Software & Internet and Finance & Public Sector. The Aricent acquisition extends this leadership to semiconductor, digital experience and design innovation. Altran generated revenues of €2.9 billion in 2018, with some 47,000 employees in more than 30 countries.
The main focus of the role will be on-site coordination and governance of a team of ~15 maintenance data engineers, working in support the ongoing operations of the UK-based A400M fleet.
Responsibilities will include:
* On-site leadership, coordination and planning of team operational activities.
* Representing the voice of the customer to the wider team.
* Governance and delivery management, including KPI monitoring and reporting.
* Primary on-site point of contact for customer reporting and communications.
* Identify and enable synergies and best practices across the team activities.
* Forecast and coordinate changing resource needs with resource and project managers based in Bristol.
* Monitor and maintain delivered data quality through increasing team awareness of upstream and downstream data uses, to improve overall fleet availability
* Degree in a technical or business field, or an equivalent level of demonstrable work experience.
* Experience working in a defence, aerospace or aviation industries.
* Relevant experience in project coordination or management of work packages, such as fleet maintenance, fleet operations, data management, or database development.
* Able to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines under pressure.
* Able to define, monitor and act on team performance metrics/KPIs.
* Have a proactive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
* Able to identify, manage and mitigate risks and issues.
* Basic IT competency with Microsoft Office suite.
* Excellent communication skills with a good level of verbal and written English.
* Good report writing skills.
* Either currently hold Security Clearance or be eligible to become Security Cleared.
In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.