3 months ago
Purpose of the Role
To carry out overhead line installation/modification works as required by the OLE teams. To assist with the planning and development of the works and help to mentor junior members of the team.
Key Success Measures
* Safety - Have understanding of Network Rail Standards and ensure work carried out on site is in accordance with good practice and any mandatory requirements
* Profitability - Seek efficiencies in the programming of OLE works and the procurement of materials.
* Quality - Proactively add value to Colas Rail delivery through continuous improvement and effecting positive change in culture, processes and behaviours and further developing the OLE processes.
* Respect - Demonstrate respect for colleagues, our clients and the environment in all areas of work.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
* Carry out Authorised Persons duties under the instruction of the Nominated Person (only if certified).
* Carry out MEWP Operator duties (Only if certified).
* Assist with the installation/modification of OLE equipment in accordance with Network Rail Line Standards and in accordance with the design.
* Assist with the manufacture of OLE equipment at workshops and site in accordance with the design.
* Ensure all work is carried out to a high standard.
* Measure OLE and track geometry in accordance with the specific requirements of the ITO's/Project Engineers.
* Carry out other duties without the normal scope of a lineperson as and when the project requires.
* Aid the Supervisor in the preparation of site paperwork such as task briefs.
* Be conscious of your own safety and of the safety of others around you at all times.
* You will be required to work in a safe manner, ensuring all industry and company procedures & policies are fully adhered to. You will also need to ensure you only undertake work you are qualified and competent in.
* Work towards becoming multi skilled e.g. Appointed person, COSS, machine controller, POS Rep
* Undertake all required on site assessments and completion of daily log books.
* Must have a working knowledge of Network Rail Line Standard - Working on or About 25kV AC Electrified Lines.
* Must have a good understanding of all relevant Network Rail construction Standards.
* Have a good knowledge and understanding of all OLE Systems currently used in the UK.
* Help to mentor less senior members of the construction team.
* Attend training courses and gain competence as set by personal development program applying best effort and attendance at all times.
* Photographic survey of the upcoming weekends works to include the job itself and any associated hazards (For inclusion in the whiteboard)
* Represent OLE works in weekly whiteboard.
* Task brief for weekends work, to be given to the supervisor for check before going to CRE for sign off.
* Tool & material lists for weekends work, to be checked by supervisor before been sent to stores for allocation.
* Aid TEC`s in producing ROO/ITP forms for weekend works.
* Check material fabrication at Harold Wood and complete ROO forms
* Inclusion in DCI meetings with supervisor.
* Check material deliveries with TEC and complete ITP/ROO forms.
* Aid in design validation survey for upcoming works.
The job holder will have a strong personality and demonstrate independence of thought and action ideally experience in plant operations or general railway construction activities.
* Has successfully completed the OLEC3 training course.
* Have experience working on OLE equipment.
* Be able to read technical drawings.
* Good communicator at all levels, both oral and written
* Independent action, prepared to withstand pressure from others
* Results orientated and committed to the work undertaken, remaining focused and driven even in challenging time
* Demonstrates polite, enthusiastic, helpful and professional approach at all times
Energy - “Get up and go” attitude of a leader
Energise - Lead, manage and inspire my team
Edge - Maximise my personal edge
Execute - Make things happen
Engage - Stay close to the Client
Colas Rail in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Colas Rail currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas Rail.