about 1 month ago
TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about a career in rail. You will be pioneering new techniques, using the latest technology and helping us set new standards for collaborative working.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey
What is the purpose of this role?
To build, manage and develop the OLE across Projects W3, W4 & W5 for Rail Systems within the Transpire Alliance, supporting all contracts and projects on Transpire, and to achieve targets and project objectives in respect of team development and staff utilisation.
What will this role involve?
* To promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with safety responsibility statement below.
* To deliver the Amey Essentials.
* Ensuring project compliance with Health and Safety, Environmental and other appropriate regulations such as CDM 2015.
* Delivering the project(s) in line with the Common Safety Method (CSM) and Technical Specification of Interoperability (TSI) standards.
* Support accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person.
* Supporting the consents team to obtain all consents for the project(s) to meet delivery timescales including identifying opportunities to gain efficiencies via obtaining consents for the project.
* Effectively lead and line manage the project team(s), including training, development and performance management.
* Managing, coaching and motivating members of the project team.
* Aligning the project(s) with the overall Amey business strategy and processes.
* Identifying and documenting ongoing continuous improvement opportunities.
* Identifying and monitoring project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing mitigations to them, and responding to other issues that affect the project.
* Coordinating and/or supporting post-project reviews.
* Creating a formal Handover Plan / Control Plan to transition the ongoing ownership of project-related activities to appropriate business owners.
* Documenting any relevant case studies that can be used to support future bids.
* Documenting follow-on actions and recommendations
* Identifying opportunities to transfer programme deliverables / best practices to other parts of the business in order to maximise return on programme investment.
* Establishing, and implementing, where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and updating configuration documents as required.
* Managing requests for change.
* Managing stakeholders and ensuring project solutions meet their needs where possible.
* Obtaining sign off from relevant stakeholders that the project deliverables meet the stated requirements.
* Maintaining regular liaison with all stakeholders and employees on the progress of projects.
* Developing and implementing effective communications plans to engage with stakeholders that areimpacted by change or improvement initiatives.
* Preparing end stage reports.
* Managing geographically spread multi-disciplinary Project Alliance teams including: design, environmental, consents, commercial, procurement, estimating, programme controls, engineering, survey, construction, health and safety; and others to identify and deliver solutions to meet client requirements and establish robust baseline plans.
* Taking appropriate action in order to ensure that the project / programme is able to deliver to the required quality, on time and to budget.
* Planning, executing and finalising projects according to agreed deadlines and within budget.
* Creating Project / Programme Brief, Project Initiation Document (PID), Communication Plan and Project Quality Plan.
* Documenting critical success factors, project acceptance criteria and customer quality expectations.
* Defining and managing the delivery of individual works packages
* Defining products / specific deliverables to be delivered by the project.
* Overseeing quality control throughout the project cycle.
* Preparing lessons learnt report.
* Securing the necessary resources and coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
What are we looking for?
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Min HNC / HND in Engineering (or a similar approved qualification)
* Acceptance of Sponsorship
* Industry Common Induction
* OLEC 1
* Standard 019 Briefing
* Personal Track Safety
* D&A Screening
* SMSTS/IOSH Managing Safely
* Project Induction
* Temporary Works Awareness
* The ability to manage and lead a team in the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary projects
* Strong interpersonal skills to influence and manage all stakeholders
* Understanding of Railway planning systems
* Understanding of the Railway operating environment
* Environmental Awareness, including sustainability
* Railway access & Programme (P6) Awareness/Appreciation
* Quality Standards Awareness
* Risk Management Awareness
* Managing risk and opportunities.
* CDM (2015) Regulations Training
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* NEBOSH Certificate
* Project Management Methodology Qualification
* Waste Management Awareness
* Scaffold Awareness
* Commercial, Estimating, Contract and Procurement Training
* Presentation skills, collaborative working
* Lean construction and general methods/awareness
* Working at Height training
What makes this role unique?
You will effectively lead and line manage project teams, including training, development and performance management.