11 months ago
We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
Think big, create better
Are you an OLE Engineer passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and CrossRail?
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 550+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit an OLE Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake production of OLE design, as part of a dedicated OLE design engineering team with some supervision of Assistant and trainee engineers.
As an OLE Engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll see your work from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
In a typical week you will:
* Carry out site surveys, identify risks and hazards and provide appropriate reporting
* Carry out design and assessment work for OLE elements of projects with minimal supervision
* Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards relevant to OLE design
* Prepare design and assessment reports and produce mark ups and sketches for CAD technicians and junior engineers
* Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors
* Support Principal Engineers & CRE’s with design
* Act as lead designer taking cognizance for budgets and programme deadlines
* Follow Safe by Design procedures & CDM regulations
* Support construction with design queries
We want to hear from you if:
* Holding or working towards a degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or IEng
* Completed Amey's Graduate Training Programme or appropriate level of experience in a relevant area, confirmed using the authority to work process
* Knowledge of interfaces between OLE engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed
* The ability to use the design software in the discipline
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.