11 months ago
Colas Rail Infrastructure is all about speed and quality - reconciling the demands of minimising 'possession' time with laying track to the highest standards of accuracy. Meticulous planning, strong site management and investment is how we have squared this circle and become the UK's largest renewals contractor. Colas Rail believes the investment made in training and development is vital to maintain competitive advantage. We are committed to utilising training and development to ensure that every possible opportunity is available to our staff. We offer structured training schemes for apprentices, technicians and graduates and employees are also encouraged to pursue, on their own initiative, continuing education and training, particularly when this leads to vocational and professional qualifications relevant to their work.
OHLE Construction Manager
To support the Employer in relation to the monitoring of Overhead Line Equipment jobsite activities by the contractor and its' subcontractors, the coordination of interfaces, and the overseeing of progress and productivity of the works.
* Overseeing OHLE construction activities, within the area of responsibility.
* Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted
programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
* Providing reports of daily activity; keeping the Traction Power & OHLE Construction Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
* Supporting the Project Manager and the Traction Power & OHLE Construction Manager in key stakeholder relationships in coordination with the contractor and community relations officers; if required monitoring contractor's activity in community relations.
* Providing support to the Project Field Engineer in monitoring Contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and Snag List items at contract level.
Qualifications and experience required
* Experience of Overhead Line Equipment construction on significant major project infrastructure works.
* Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
* Understanding of project controls processes.
* Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures.
* Prior experience in supervising and administering contractors.
Colas Rail in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Colas Rail currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas Rail.