10 months ago
About the Role
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
You will be a key part of our busy subsea / offshore engineering team within the wider Maritime group, providing professional advice in the field of Marine Geotechnical Engineering whilst ensuring efficient project delivery for internal and external clients
About the role:
The prime focus of the work will relate to subsea cables – route and landfall selection, marine survey scoping and interpretation, and installation requirements.
You will have the opportunity to work with our growing UK and international teams of specialists in subsea cables and pipelines, geophysics, offshore structures and foundations, and marine environment, on a variety of projects including offshore wind, subsea interconnectors, and marine renewables.
The successful applicant will be required to carry out desk top studies, burial risk assessments, interpret onshore and offshore ground investigation data and develop ground models. There may also be an occasional requirement to contribute to the management and supervision of offshore GI and construction contracts.
You will also have a significant role in technical development / knowledge share of the team and strengthening global links.
We'd love to hear from you if have
* A first degree in Civil Engineering or Geology and an MSc in Geotechnical Engineering (or similar)
* Membership to a relevant professional institution.
* Post-graduate experience of engineering geology or geotechnical engineering in the subsea sector.
* Demonstrable experience in the delivery of geotechnical projects and reports.
* Familiarity in the use of software such as gINT and ArcGIS/QGIS is preferred whilst competency with the MS Office suite of programs and strong communication skills are essential.
You should have experience in the following areas:
* Excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills
* Use or management of GIS datasets
* Carrying out literature reviews and compilation of geological desk study reports
* Understanding of data relating to shipping, fishing, subsea infrastructure and UXO
* Assist with cable route design and engineering
* Awareness of UK marine regulatory processes, environment and stakeholdersIntegration of geophysical and geotechnical data to develop ground models
* Provide geotechnical input to risk registers and report changes to the geotechnical risks when they arise
* Assisting with preparation of scope and specification, supervision and management of offshore ground investigation,
* QA of all geotechnical data gathered from site investigations and scheduling of laboratory testing
* Derive site-specific parameters for interpretation of geotechnical data and compile and maintain the Geotechnical Interpretative Report
* Undertaking assessments relating to cable protection including CBRA, stable seabed assessments and burial assessments / burial strategies
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, incusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us
Our work is serious, and serious fun. We create homes for penguins, help you get from A to B faster and safer, create inspiring places to live and work, and shape the skylines of our cities.
We value our people and our reputation. Having a diverse and robust workforce enables us to look for answers, not problems, and we pride ourselves on offering clients clever, imaginative, future-facing solutions. If you are interested in finding ways to help society thrive, at home and further afield, an exciting career could be waiting for you here.