10 months ago
Salary negotiable plus excellent benefit package
Key Objectives of the Role
Working with the Regional Director / Project Director, the Commercial Manager has full accountability for the successful delivery of a sustainable business unit. This includes the full range of business activities from business development, work winning, staff selection and development, project or framework delivery, client and subcontractor relationships to external representation of VolkerFitzpatrick and in particular providing a high level of commercial and contractual support to the business.
* Manage the 5 C’s (VolkerFitzpatrick Business Drivers)
* Ensure each project within your region / remit, effectively manages all commercial and contractual matters which includes forecasts, cost / value reporting, change management, procurement, identification and management of key risks & contractual disputes and to maximise profitability and cash flow.
* Right people, right place / Subcontractor selection & management / Training and development
* Visible leadership and provision of support to ensure that the Visions and Values of the business are adhered to and effective development of staff is undertaken
* Exemplar advocate of IIF and safety without compromise
* Demand a right-first-time approach for all sectors of the business and promote the company’s best standards and practices.
Essential: A degree in Quantity Surveying or alternatively a degree in building / construction or civils engineering and relevant experience obtained within the Construction Industry as a Quantity Surveyor for a minimum of 10 years An ability to identify problems and build relationships
Desirable: An accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) or the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
Full Job Description: VolkerFitzpatrick Ltd - Commercial Manager.pdf