9 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
A professional HSE Manager is required to support our Sellafield operational site work framework team, the successful candidate will have extensive experience in the identification of hazards and mitigation of Occupational HSE risks across all stages of the Construction project. They will be fully conversant with internationally recognised Occupational, Safety, Health and Environmental Management standards and competent in auditing against these standards. Experienced in the development and implementation of HSE improvement plans in a nuclear project or similar highly regulated environment. The successful candidate will provide support and leadership to colleagues and contractors on a wide range of construction projects and tasks on Sellafield site.
As part of the site leadership team you will be expected to drive a proactive HSE culture through the promotion of safety conscious attitudes and behaviours in the project teams and workforce.
Leadership – working with the leadership team(s) within the frameworks, to promote and develop a proactive HSE culture through personal visibility, good communication and training.
Qualified to degree level you should possess a NEBOSH National Diploma and a recognised HSE auditing qualification. You will be a Chartered Member of IOSH and be enrolled for CPD with IOSH. An Environmental qualification is highly desirable. You will be required to satisfy the UK security clearances required to work on Sellafield site.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, a flexible approach to meet the requirements of the role and be willing to challenge the status quo if and when required. Being able to articulate real world HSE improvement solutions is a key aspect of this role as is the ability to be able to effectively manage the team of HSE Advisers supporting our projects on site.
Skills / Qualifications
* Developing and implementing HSSEA policies, systems and procedures consistently across all projects and offices within the project environment to deliver HSE excellence.
* Ensuring that a fully functioning robust HSE assurance process (by initiating a programme of scheduled site and office HSE audits and inspections across the project site).
* Supporting the Operations Director for Sellafield, and functionally the Senior Manager / Senior HSE Business Partners in the delivery of excellent HSE support to projects, and assisting in incident investigations, training and development.
* The initiation and ongoing refinement of a local HSE assurance programme across the site, projects and offices.
* Providing HSE advice to Managers and Staff.
* Supporting and driving HSE standardisation across the projects.
* Engagement with customers HSE function.
* Managing / conducting HSE auditing – internal and 3rd party.
* Communicating best HSE practice across the site.
* Input to project reviews.
* Assisting projects with HSE planning and monitoring.
* Assuring legislative compliance.
* Actively driving local and corporate HSE initiatives and continuous improvement across the site team.
* Managing/conducting incident investigations and completing reports as directed by the Senior HSE Business Partners.
* Liaising and engaging with HSE Committee Representatives.
* HSE input to pre-qualifications and tenders.
* Supporting the development of local HSSEA project documentation.
* Coaching and mentoring management in HSE activities.
* Input to vendor approvals, assessments and monitoring vendor performance.
* Acting as the point of liaison for external certification / accreditation body audits.
* Liaison with the regulator or enforcing authorities.
* Ensuring that correct HSE project reviews are being completed in a timely mannerKey InterfacesNuclear VP HSSEA
* Nuclear Senior HSE Manager
* Decommissioning Senior HSE Business
* Nuclear Occupational Health Adviser
* Decommissioning Delivery Unit Vice President
* Operational Director Site Services
* Certified bodies and regulators
* Project HSE Advisors
* Project Directors and Project Managers
* Customer Representatives and HSE Function
* Environmental AdvisorsReporting Line
Project to Operational Site Director
* Functionally to HSE Senior Manager / Decommissioning Senior HSE Business Partners
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.