5 months ago
Noise & Vibration Engineer
Through development and investment in new and exciting technologies Dyson is expanding into new and varied product categories. To facilitate the development of a new and exciting product opportunity we are broadening our expertise, growing our Engineering teams in both size and capability. We are currently recruiting a team of analytical specialists to work in the engineering team to support the generation and validation of design concepts to realise into robustly engineered production solutions.
You will be responsible for delivery of the optimised full product set-up through; working with the product engineering team to advise on ‘best practise’ from past experience, helping develop and validate new concepts, generate and run simulation models and support product development through to production. This includes working with the product team and presenting to senior management to help guide development of the product.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
* Create and operate simulation models to predict Noise and Vibration performance.
* Support design and development with rigorous simulation analysis.
* Provide design advice and guidance to Design Managers, taking a lead role and responsibility for the area.
* Generate innovative concepts for new technologies using analytical techniques.
* Conduct detailed theoretical analysis of these concepts to increase understanding and insight within the team.
* Liaise with the test team to plan and perform experimental validations, comparing post-processed results with simulations.
* A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
* Knowledge and experience in using various optimisation techniques
* Experience of Experiemental and Numerical Modal Analysis
* Working knowledge of LMS Test Lab
* Understanding of Compressor Architecture - Air moving device
* Knowledge of mounting strategies for low vibration
* A working knowledge of commercial CAD tools
* Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information, both in writing and verbally.
* Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment
* Self-starter - ability to work independently.
* Excellent team-working skills
The closing date for applications is 28th April 2017
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, very generous leave, income protection, and private medical and dental care (level dependent). But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.