about 1 year ago
Network Operations Manager
Company Car/Allowance, 40 hours per week
Based in Croydon
Reporting to the Operations Manager the Networks manager will manage the works for validation and step-test activities managing five analysts, supporting two supervisors and 14 teams in order to ensure the delivery of Leakage Reduction within the South London area.
Responsibilities and Activities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
High Level Responsibilities
• Manage and implement health and safety procedures upholding RPS Company Policy at all times.
• Manage HR issues within the team
• Report writing and preparing detailed data to present to the performance manager and client.
• Analysis of DMAs to identify actual or potential savings from Step-testing and validation operations.
• Weekly analyst team meetings on performance, delivery and feedback
• Ensure works and feedback from analysts is accurate and within timeframes.
• Attend weekly client target meetings to discuss actions from the previous week and future works.
• Ensure supervisor reports inc valve movement sheets and reports are uniformed and adhered too.
• Ensure all teams are working to BOPS and provide evidence
• Ensure feedback from supervisors are formatted to a uniformed standard and on time
• Ensuring leakage targets are achieved and performance is maintained
• Managing and updating the reporting DMA, PMA, CPP and Zonal availability.
• Manage the risk related activities and raising the PTW’s to manage the operations of network
• Collating historical evidence from step-testing data to ensure all staff has targets to achieve and timescales agreed within client’s expectations.
• Produce a database of completed Network operations Inc. ZPT’s, Meter flow tests, boundary valve checks and deliver reports to the client.
Candidates should possess the following skills and attributes:
• Good understanding and demonstrable working knowledge of computer software packages (Microsoft, GIS, and specific technical programs etc.)
• IOSH – Health and Safety
• Ability to interpret and understand water network schematics and plans
• Good all round knowledge of Water Network Hydraulics, Leakage Detection Techniques, Monitoring and reporting of Leakage Levels and other issues associated with the Clean Water Industry
• Working knowledge of leakage monitoring
• Ability to quickly learn new theories, techniques and working methods associated with duties and tasks
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective communication with internal and external colleagues, other technical specialists, consultants and senior internal and external managers
• Working knowledge of flow data capture techniques and methods
• Well organised with the ability to manage own workload and work to allocated deadlines.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to conflicting deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and high levels of standards
• Enjoys working as a team and has a flexible ‘can do’ attitude, possessing a co-operative attitude to working and giving and receiving help
• At least 5 years’ experience within a similar role would be advantageous
• NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Leakage Control.
To apply, simply send a CV and covering letter via the Apply button above