about 1 year ago
30 Apr 2018
40 hours per week
Hatfield (Head Office)
Who We Are:
We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build the ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
The network implementation engineers will work on diverse projects from small offices to international automated warehouses. Pre-building and deploy both simple and complex network designs for ocado and our clients. The network engineer needs to be able to work in both small network teams and in bigger implementation teams. Working to very high standards to ensure network resilience and performance in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
The network implementation engineer will work closely with architects and designers to ensure that deployed networks are resilient and performant. Thus, forming an essential feedback loop to the architectural resources on deployment methods and actual network performance.
What You Will Do:
* Must have a can do attitude, and be prepared to get involved in the physical deployments.
* Must be prepared to travel, within the UK and abroad.
* Within reason will be expected to work weekends and out of hours.
* Ensure that all projects are completed within deadlines and to the highest standards.
* Follow the network design and give appropriate feedback to continually improve and streamline deployments.
* Take ownership of Implementation projects, agree the design and facilitate the correct purchasing of all network components, build , deploy and test these components.
* Ensure high standards are met and give help and support to the implementation team leads.
* Work and collaborate along side project managers and other department team leaders.
* Working with the design team find resolution to project risks and issues to ensure that projects are successfully completed.
* Keep informed and up to date with all the developments within the network design team and ensure all new developments are implemented correctly.
What You Will Need:
* CCNA/JNCIA Certification working towards CCNP/JNCIP.
* Min 2 years experience working with Cisco/Juniper Hardware in a similar role.
* Juniper MX, SRX, QFX, EX.
* Cisco Catalyst.
* Experience with the following LAN Technologies: IP Subnetting, VLANs, dot1q, QinQ, Spaningtree, VRRP, QOS
* Experience with the following WAN Technologies: Private leased lines, Internet Access services, DSL IPSec VPNs.
* Experience with the following routing protocols: OSPF, BGP and MPLS.
* Security, experience in creating and deploying Security Policies.
* Understanding of the Network management services and protocols: DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, SYSLOG, RADIUS, Netflow
* All round strong Experience with TCP/IP
We Are Also Interested In:
* CCNP/JNCIP Certification
* Some knowledge of MPLS overlay networks, used for L3 and L2 VPNs
* Data Centre CLOS topologies
* Network automation and zero-touch provisioning practice
* Experience using Linux
* Python/Unix scripting
* Amazon AWS VPC Direct Connect awareness
What We Can Offer You
Within our flexible work environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include a generous pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, healthy Ocado staff discounts (and free delivery) across our Webshops including Groceries, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled.
We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and much more), not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers.
Click to find out more about Ocado Technology and our recruitment process.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Ocado is an equal opportunity employer.