8 months ago
Network Enabled Weapons Communication Systems Lead, Bristol
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Role Title and Location: Network Enabled Weapons Communication Systems Lead, Bristol
Job Ref No: P7910B
MBDA Level: 4 to 5, depending upon experience
Reports to: Function: Head of Network Enabled Weapons Group in the Network Communications Department, System Analysis (UK); Project: Head of Communications Domain
This is a rare opportunity to be a key player in the Communications Team in a Network Enabled Weapon Project. The Communication Systems Lead role will be key to further develop the Network Enabled Weapons (NEW) capabilities in MBDA, them on current development projects, and to ensure they are sustained for application to future projects. Working with the Head of the Communications Domain, you will ensure that the network implementation on our product is fit for purpose and will operate coherently when integrated into the military platforms.
What are we looking for?
* Commitment –You will be able to demonstrate your ability to further develop a sustainable capability in Network Enabled Weapon Communications in MBDA(UK) – development of technical knowledge and system understanding to ensure our products are successful
* Passion – You will be able to demonstrate a high level of passion for NEWs and Communication Technologies to supportnetwork enabled systems. You will have apassion for project delivery, personal development & learning and people management
* Team Spirit – You will be able to demonstrate that youhave the ability to inspire and lead your team to success, people in your team and in other projects, as well as external stakeholders, to the positive benefit of the project. You must have the energy and resilience to drive forward good ideas to completion and positively influence others. Further, you must possess the ability to positively engage with, and bring along with you, both main project, other project and external stakeholders to understand and appreciate the advantages that the ‘network’ part of NEW brings to the weapon system.
* Integrity – You will be seen as one of the key leaders in Network Enabled Weapon Communications and will be considered a role model for others. You will need to gain the trust and confidence of everyone involved in the project, and wider
* Innovation – You will need to respond positively to the need for continuous improvement and find better, more efficient ways to deliver your inputs to MBDA products
What’s in it for you?
* You will have a deep technical involvement in an exciting project at an exciting point in the product lifecycle. Network Enabled Weapons are a game-changing capability and you could be part of their development
* You will gain a technical understanding of Tactical Data Links, in particular Link 16, and radio frequency technologies and products
* You will be part of a high performing team and functional department with your personal and professional development at the centre of its mission
* The role could develop into a Technical Expert role, depending upon the quality of the successful candidate
* You will represent the project and company in international meetings
* You will develop strong relationships with all internal and external key stakeholders.
What would you get?
* Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
The responsibilities of the Communication Systems Lead are to:
* Set the strategy for, and manage, all systems engineering activities within the Network Enabled Weapons Communications Team, ensuring a cohesive and consistent specification and qualified design solution for the Link 16 communications functions ona weapon system.
* Manage the iSMART process for the Link 16 implementation through to integration onto the aircraft platform. This will include both technical development and documentation and relevant stakeholder management.
* Own the post-launch Link 16 interface definition.
* Support the development / specification of Network Enabled Weapons variants and integration of them onto aircraft platforms in respect of Link 16 and from a systems perspective.
* Promote a wider technical Link 16 systems capability in the communications team, including interoperability management, through development of less experienced engineers in or joining the team.
* Develop a respected position in the MoD NEW policy forum in respect of MBDA as a key implementer of weapon systems with networked capability.
* Embrace and promote the practice of domain engineering.
* Promote a safe, secure and healthy environment
What’s great about the team?
* The team consists of a set of very capable and high performing individuals
* The team is well established and very motivated to deliver what is required
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.* Directorate
Engineering & Design|Systems Engineering/Design
Network Enabled Weapons Communication Systems Lead, Bristol
* Job Ref no