8 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our IP Net. Dev. Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
– Liaise with the Project management, Network Architecture and other internal stakeholders to elicit product requirements; functional and non-functional technical requirements during project lifecycle.
– Build high and low-level network designs that satisfy project requirements
– Lead proof-of-concepts for new products being developed for Sky broadband customers.
– Document solution design, rack layout and other technical diagrams
– Document High Level and Low Level Designs and obtain stakeholders sign-off
– Contribute actively to test strategies and test plans developed by testing teams
– Review the results to ensure headline metrics and quality parameters are achieved
– Engage with access providers to develop Sky Broadband services using a variety of access methods and wholesale products. i.e. Openreach’s FTTC/FTTP GEA or BT Wholesale WBC
– Support senior management with triage of incidents and analysis of problems escalated to IP Net. Dev
– In-depth understanding of Nokia 7750 SR platform for supporting BNG services
– Advanced-level knowledge and experience with IPv6
– Strong understanding of L2TP services on Cisco ASR1K
– Strong understanding of mid-to-high end service provider R&S platforms of leading vendors such as Cisco, Nokia and Huawei
– In-depth understanding and experience implementing L2&L3VPNs on Nokia 7750-SR platform
– Excellent document writing skills to author requirements, high and low-level design documents, create technical diagrams as part of project deliverables
– Proven experience of designing BNG solutions: dual stack PPP and IPoE, RADIUS, DHCPv4 and DHCPv6, and QoS on Nokia 7750
– Basic Python skills, comfortable with Linux and a working knowledge of GIT and version control processes
– High level understanding of access network architectures & technologies such as ADSL2+, VDSL2, GPON
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about