10 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Our Sky Network Services (SNS) team are core to our technical infrastructure and play an important part in our current and future success. Their focus is to deliver the highest quality broadband and telephony network, helping us offer the best broadband and voice products in the market.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
IP Net. Dev. team as part of Network Engineering undertakes design, improvement and expansion of the fully resilient and scalable BNG services, Metro backhaul, MPLS/IP core, P&T, OTT Video delivery network, Mobile Packet Core, Datacentres within the framework of the network strategy.
- Liaise with the Project management, Network Architecture and other internal stakeholders to elicit product requirements; functional and non-functional technical requirements during project lifecycle.
- Lead TPoC for new products being developed for Sky broadband customers.
- Document solution design, rack layout and other technical diagrams
- Document High Level and Low Level Designs and obtain stakeholders sign-off
- Review the results to ensure headline metrics and quality parameters are achieved
- Engage with BT Openreach to develop Sky Broadband services using FTTC, GPON, FTTP, IPSC, WBMC and WBC wholesale products from Openreach
- Support senior management with triage of incidents and analysis of problems escalated to IP Net. Dev.
- Convey risks, obtain sign-off, timely escalate issues to management, and provide weekly updates.
- Further education qualification in mathematical or science discipline.
- In-depth understanding of Nokia 7750 SR platform for supporting BNG services.
- Strong understanding of ASR1K and 7750 for providing LAC and LNS services.
- Proven experience of designing BNG solutions: dual stack PPP and IPOE, RADIUS, CGN (NAT444), DHCPv4 and DHCPv6, and per sub QoS on Nokia 7750.
- Practical experience of designing subscriber management solutions: LAC/LNS, RADIUS, and per sub QoS on Nokia 7750.
- Strong understanding of mid to high end service provider R&S platforms of leading suppliers such as Cisco and Nokia.
- High level understanding of access network architectures & technologies such as ADSL2+, VDSL2, GPON, their respective network elements and functions.
- Excellent document writing skills to author HLD and LLD documents, create technical Diagrams as part of project deliverables
- In-depth understanding of implementation of L3VPN, L2VPN and PWE3 services on Nokia 7750 SR platform
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better