11 days ago
What is the purpose of this role?
This role forms part of the A7 Senior Leadership Team, reporting direct to the Account Director with ultimate responsibility and accountability for:
* Our 24/7/365 Incident Response solution and corresponding CPF metric(s) alongside
* Pre-sites solution, routine maintenance to structures, and supporting with Capital investment schemes as and when we are instucted
* Our Premises Manager, Transport Managers, vehicle workshop manager and IRT / NCC manager (new role)
The role is focussed at driving significant and continuous improvements in how our contract manages incidents and emergency reactive works, building and maintaining a sound and progressive relationship with Highways England colleagues.
To lead a largely new team and operational solution, while working very closely with the Network Manager to ensure the overall operational solution in A7 is delivering works in the safest and most efficient and effective manner.
What does this role involve?
* To lead, motivate and unite the multi-disciplined teams to achieve a high-performing culture which CPF / contract performance metrics reflect
* Being part of the A7 SMT and attending monthly management meetings and Network Board sessions – focussed on performance and outcomes across the East Midlands
* Ensure that our premises manager keeps our depots safe, fit for purpose and complian
* Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with the contract and CDM15
* Promote excellence with our two Transport Managers and look to innovate where possible
* Be a leader of safety – leading by example, challenging undesirable behaviours and undertaking random visible felt leadership visits
* Ensuring our presence in the NCC is working to an optimum for our contract – fully integrated solution with HE colleagues
* To fully align with the Network Manager to ensure our operational solution is at its best across all areas – covering for the Network Manager in their absence for short periods
* Engage supply chain when necessary and ensure that their work is done safely, to the required standard and with value and customer always in mind
* Promote a right first time culture, investigating and sharing learning from any undesirable events
* People Manager to c. 8 people and to act as a mentor as required
What does this role require?
* Full UK Driving Licence
* NVQ level 2 or City and Guilds
* Competent user of Microsoft Office
* Understand client business, requirements, service needs and aspirations
* Good liaison and interpersonal skills to lead and develop a new team and operation
* Team management and leadership skills
* Customer relationship skills
* Commercial awareness
* Ability to understand data and to use data to drive continual improvement
* Excellent organisational and communication skills
* Willingness to lead a team which operates in all conditions 24/7/365
* Participation in emergency and winter service delivery
* Self-motivated and proactive in identifying and delivering solutions
* Previous experience of Highways Maintenance contracts
* Experience with delivering incident support and winter service
* Experience of performance monitoring and continuous improvement
* Detailed operational knowledge and techniques required
* Experience of managing a workforce
* Experience of Chapter 8 and Traffic Management on High speed roads
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.