5 months ago
JOB TITLE: Network Architect
Location: Basingstoke and Solihull
Are you a Network Architect who combines strong technical skills with an ability to create design artefacts that meet challenging customer requirements? Are you a team player who is willing to learn emerging technologies to produce credible solutions that will delight our customers? Do you want to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology? We are looking to grow our team with committed people to work with our solution architects and vendors to deliver high assurance services and solutions for our customers in the UK and overseas.
We are looking for Network Architects, at varying levels of technical ability and experience, to join our existing dynamic Networks Practice. They will work closely with the Solution Owners to produce design documentation, on a wide variety of network solutions, which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster, more effective solutions. This is a fast paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability.
* Provide day to day support to the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network designs within all work streams (Main Programme, Live Service, Service Requests and Requests for Change).
* Support the Lead Architect/deputy CTO in defining designs in line with requirements.
* Support the Network Design Engineers and Support Engineers with delivery and operational challenges.
* Create and be responsible for HLD/LLD components for specific key areas of the solution i.e. DNSIP, Wireless, NTP, Data Centre LAN, LAN Migration etc.
* Ensure designs produced are fit for purpose and are capable of being put through Design Approval Board (DAB).
* Provide input into reports, when required, to the customer and Lead Network Architects.
* Demonstrable design experience in proposing and utilising technologies from a variety of industry leading technology vendors.
* Experience in requirements management and associated tooling.
* Demonstrable experience in the creation of IP Addressing designs or in the configuration and support of said design.
* Solid understanding of a variety of network and routing protocols.
* Experience with Network Management or SIEM designs, tooling or support.
* Demonstrable troubleshooting skills and approach to defect resolution.
Flexibility, Diversity and Inclusion
Fujitsu has been recognised as a Disability Confident Leader by the Department of Work and Pensions. This is in recognition of our commitment to recruiting, retaining and employing people with disabilities. As a Disability Confident Leader, we offer a guaranteed interview to all candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria for a role, and are experienced at making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. Please let me know if you would like further information.
We want the best people on our team, so we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds, sexualities and gender identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all so even if you think you don’t meet all the criteria, we would still love to hear from you. Our roles may demand some travel and flexibility to meet clients and to drive performance, but we have a culture of respect for professional and private commitments.
Fujitsu: Empowering human difference.
* Business Area: DNS Networks
* Requisition ID: 19000CCX
* Shift: Day Job
* Posting Date: Aug 21, 2019