10 months ago
The Network Analyst position is responsible for ensuring they provide a high quality product delivery to the business and be responsible for all aspects of network appliances (CISCO) enterprise network services, including WAN/LAN and Datacentre network design and standards as well as gateway technologies.
* To provide a high quality service which meets SLAs and internal KPIs
* The deployment and configuration of Infrastructure services relating to Networking Routing & Access Control following best practices or manufacturer recommendations
* Assist with testing of Business Continuity plans, ensuring these are tested every 6 months with reports to the IT Management Team and Murphy Board
* To be part of a team rota who may be called upon during emergency out of hours Infrastructure service, on-call and any other emergency services required to maintain the BAU services to Murphy’s
* Follow agreed change control process, whilst actively participating with the Change Advisory Board
* Assisting in the monitoring of Network Infrastructure service usage and deal with issues according to SLA’s
* Define, standardise, Improve and maintain documentation standards and best practice
* Contribute to the overall technical development of the Business
* Ad hoc duties as required by the Business and directed by the IT Network Manager
* Provide support to the IT Strategy Programme & prioritise accordingly
* Planning and performing maintenance to agreed schedules and implement emergency repairs
* All team members are to provide encouragement and support to other IT Department team members accordingly.
* Work within a team to manage and maintain the company network infrastructure
* Troubleshoot network & system issues and engage with third party managed service providers
* Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment, both remotely and onsite across the business regions
* Use a variety of methods to resolve issues including the helpdesk, telephone email and face to face.
* Provide 2nd line network support using a variety of methods to resolve these issues including
* Configuring and troubleshoot remote login procedures, switches, routers, wireless networks/vLANs, ASA firewalls, VPNs, etc.
* Administration and support of cloud based services within Microsoft Azure, specifically virtual networks, gateways and route tables
* Work closely with other IT teams
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety, quality, sustainability and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHESQ department.
* Maintaining appropriate governance across all IT services in terms of compliance with company and IT related projects, helping to subsequently drive continuous improvement, best practice as part of a high performing team.
Skills and Experience
* Extensive exposure, understanding and support of switching, routing, policy-based firewalls, VPN and Private Cloud
* MS package knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project)
* Network experience with TCP/IP LAN / WAN / WLAN
* Experience delivering solutions in conjunction with 3rd party suppliers and offshore resources
* Experience working with and adhering to ITIL framework
* Customer focused and ability to easily interact with people
* Extensive working knowledge and of proxy and internet filtering technologies, in particular Websense
* Comprehensive hands-on experience configuring and managing network appliances E.g. Cisco, Riverbed
* Knowledge of service monitoring techniques