9 months ago
Are you looking to build a technical career not just a job?
Do you want an opportunity to develop your career on a technical path focused on engineering digital solutions to complex business problems?
Do you want to work in a culture where the latest technologies are explored, often before they are publicly available?
Within our rapidly expanding Digital Engineering team, you will sit at the heart of the digital revolution;
- Supporting our clients to deliver great software and build technical capability through your in-depth knowledge of the latest tools, technologies and evolving methodologies
- Wider involvement across PA’s technical capability, which includes IoT, Cloud and our Innovation Lab
- Attending and developing PA’s industry leading Engineering Bootcamp
Why choose PA?
As a Digital Engineer, you’ll have:
• The opportunity to develop within PA, with a career path focused on Digital Engineering
• The opportunity to work with a variety of exciting and innovation clients delivering solutions across a range of technologies and platforms including those in the open source community, and those developed by Google, Microsoft, Amazon any many more
• Access to industry thought leaders and the latest tooling and technologies to keep your skills current through our partner network
• Intensive hands on training through our Engineering Bootcamp, delivered by industry thought leaders and augmented with our partnerships, to learn new skills through developing solutions to problems, self-organise into natural cross-functional teams and begin the process of forming high performing teams
• Commitment from PA for ongoing training to continue to develop your skills and interests within Digital Engineering
• The chance to work with emerging technologies such as AI, HoloLens and Amazon Echo
Our size allows us to treat each Digital Engineer as an individual – we are not tied to any vendors or technologies so are able to deliver true business value by exploiting your experience of solving problems using technology. Digital Engineering at PA offers a career in software engineering, not just a job; an environment where individuals and ideas matter.
Depending on role and level, we are looking for backend, frontend (preferably both!) that are proficient in:
• Backend – experience of C# (.NET Framework 4+, .NET Core, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core) as well as an understanding of enterprise architecture standards such as ESB, SOA, Big data, Microservices, REST; Knowledge of a number of database technologies, both SQL and NoSQL (e.g. SQL server and MongoDB); Knowledge of popular libraries such as Entity Framework, xUnit, nUnit, Ninject, NHibernate
Understanding of Agile development practices such as Scrum, XP, Kanban; experience working in an Agile software development environment and using collaboration tools such as TFS, Visual Studio Team Services, JIRA, Slack etc.
Ability to write well designed, testable efficient code using best software development practices and patterns including TDD and BDD.
DevOps – experience of Infrastructure as Code, building CI/CD pipelines in your tool of choice, deploying to PaaS infrastructure in the cloud, use of orchestration tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
Cloud – experience of running applications on Microsoft Azure with technologies such as App Service, SQL database, SQL data warehouse, Azure Functions, Azure VMs, Azure CosmosDB; experience monitoring applications in the cloud (e.g. AppInsights)
Roles and levels
Analyst Software Engineer
• Typically, 1-2 years of experience
• Typically, 2-4 years of experience
Senior Software Engineer
• Typically, 5 years + experience
Principal Software Engineer
• Typically, 5 years + experience
• Expert full stack software engineer with a primary background in .NET development , highly competent in frontend development as well as managing and maintaining cloud solutions at scale
• Leadership skills
• Coach and mentor junior members of staff
• Recognised expert within PA and with clients
About PA Consulting Group
PA Consulting Group is a leading management, systems and technology consulting firm. Employee-owned, award-winning, independent, highly successful, global, and ambitious for further growth - PA is a different kind of consulting firm. We look to hire exceptional people and provide them with opportunities that they will not find elsewhere. We are looking for opinion-formers, people who prize a culture based on respect, collaboration, and new ideas, and who have a passion for delivering solutions to the most complex and challenging issues affecting business and government. PA offers a career in consulting, not just a job; a stake in our firm; and an environment where individuals and ideas matter.
We recognise that diversity is strength and that the differences between people add value to our organisation. PA Consulting Group is committed to equality and diversity and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion or age.