about 1 year ago
NDT Validation Consultant
Requisition ID :2019-59886
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Warrington
Department / Discipline : Mechanical Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment
Wood Nuclear is recruiting experienced NDT Consultants to work within the Inspection Validation Centre carrying out Inspection Qualification activities in support of nuclear industry contracts. Detailed knowledge and experience of inspection of high integrity components using manual & automated UT inspection techniques is required, together with experience of assessing inspection systems against written specifications and providing examination of procedures and personnel.
Responsibilities and Job Specification
* Provide expert assessment of inspection systems (procedures, technical justifications, equipment and personnel) against written specifications.
* Design qualifications in line with the ENIQ recommended practices
* Design of test pieces including the use of computer modelling software
* Expert review of Inspection Procedures, providing clear and concise comments
* Expert review of Technical Justifications including review of CIVA modelling
* Invigilate practical examinations both in the UK and abroad
* To design and undertake ultrasonic inspection of test pieces using advanced techniques such as Phased Array and ToFD
* To prepare, review, comment and take the appropriate action regarding specifications, drawings and other documentation associated with the design and procurement of test pieces
* To prepare, review, comment and take appropriate action regarding manufacturing and inspection documentation associated with qualification test pieces
* Lease with the client and their sub-contractor
* Willingness and ability to travel with the possibility of extended periods away from home both in the UK and abroad
* Proficient in the preparation of clear and concise written technical reports
* Carry out or assist with internal and external audits
* Responsible for monitoring the security of information at contractors’ works
Skills / Qualifications
* A minimum of a Degree in Engineering/Science/NDT
* Ideally Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
* PCN qualifications in Ultrasonic techniques preferably at level 3 although level 2 will be considered
* Knowledge of the ENIQ methodology for inspection qualification
* Experienced in NDT assessment and design
* Experience in witnessing and invigilating practical and written exams
* Energy, enthusiasm and good communication skills
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
* Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.