about 1 month ago
Competitive Salary + Company Car + Fantastic Benef
Category: Management Jobs
National Engineering Manager
Competitive Salary + Company Car + Fantastic Benefits
Home Based with regular travel across the UK.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a National Engineering Manager to join our Cement & Lime Business Unit. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain for Cement& Lime BU, this position is a key member of the Cement Supply chain and LogisticsTeam and plays a vital role in the contribution to the success and future strategy of the cement operations.
Key aspects of this role will be:
* Organise and manage the department’s human, financial and material resources to optimise the quality of its services and its technical and economical performance.
* Ensure optimum equipment availability and performance in the short, medium, and long term at minimum cost.
* Implement and develop the Company’s maintenance functions and mindset.
* Manage the overall performance improvement of the Terminals, depots and external operational facilities that fall within the SC&L responsibilities, ensuring coordination and cooperation between departments.
* Provide engineering and design expertise to joint ventures and other strategically related organisations on cement/cementitious materials.
* Provide expertise of all modes of transportation, rail, road, and sea
* Design and execute the construction of internal infrastructure projects, including terminals, depots, (fixed and mobile)
* Provide technical advice and support to marketing and supply base customers
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an extended and proven maintenance, inspection and technology experience. As well as be confident with running numerous projects including development or implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance processes.
Key to your success will be your exceptional communication skills. As an influential and persuasive leader, you will have a successful track record in managing, developing, motivating and inspiring both direct reports and people in your wider organisation to cultivate strong, engaged and competent teams.
* Engineering Degree or equivalent
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
* Bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
* Training and development opportunities