11 months ago
Purpose of Role
The Shift Technician - M&E Multi-skilled (Electrical/Mechanical) will be responsible for the safe operation, maintenance and repair of the site electrical/ mechanical/ building services plant & equipment and must be able to obtain and maintain a Governement Security Clearance at DV level. As well as being able to work on a 24/7/365 shift work rota in support of critical engineering environment.
- Perform planned preventative maintenance, statutory compliance tasks and reactive works investigations/repairs on mechanical, electrical & building services systems.
- Service, test, diagnose and repair process control systems and automatic control devices related to the building services plant and equipment.
- Liaise / assist with other services as necessary for the efficient delivery of work activities, workmanship and productivity to comply with the performance standards.
- Where required undertake and implement minor capital works projects.
- Use provided test and monitoring equipment for the purpose of maintaining engineering system operational performance and to aid fault diagnostics and repair.
- Interrogate and adjust systems to maintain correct operation of plant and equipment.
- Carry out electrical, mechanical and system checks associated with maintaining a compliant environment in the relevant areas in accordance with current legislation.
- Carry out Skilled Person duties as required for the engineering services on site in compliance with JSP375 Volume 3 as applicable, including preparation of installations for others.
- Implement & comply with the procedures as detailed in the companies IMS, Health & Safety Policies and Statutory obligations.
Additional Role Information
DV Clearance Essential
- Multi-Skilled preferred.
- Base skill Electrical or Mechanical
- Knowledge of the following preferred:
1. Electrical systems 3 phase and 1 phase.
2. Mechanical handling i.e. AHU and Air Conditioning.
3. UPS and Generators.
We are looking for an engineer with a broad view of maintenance as this role encompasses keeping an important facility running on a 24/7 365 basis ranging from sophisticated equipment to basic engineering.