about 1 month ago
Skanska UK currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced, Multi Skilled Shift Engineer at one of our Commercial Property Maintenance contract at 60 Holborn Viaduct.
Your role will be to carry out mechanical & electrical services, planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and reactive works in time to meet strict KPI’s. Ensure all statutory & mandatory compliance maintenance and records/certificates are kept up to date at all times in line with the contractual requirements and filed as Skanska Management System. Ensure that CAFM systems and site records are up to date at all times reporting jobs to the helpdesk and in line with Helpdesk requirements. All maintenance tasks to take into account, access, building users and ensure all H&S and contractual paperwork is approved and in place prior to work commencing.
DBS clearance is a requirement for the role, failure to obtain this could result in your contract being terminated.
* Complete PPM and reactive requirements in adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with HASAWA requirement
* Work on Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC and BMS systems.
* Complete fault finding and plant adjustments
* Check and inspection of mechanical services, plant and systems.
* Execute maintenance tasks in accordance with contract specification
* Respond to re-active works
* Work a continental shift.
General duties will require multi skilled discipline to carry out PPM’s & work such as re-lamping luminaires, fault finding to electrical wiring systems, motors, generators, lighting systems, chillers, AHU’s along with cleaning of foul water systems, drains, inspections and repair of all M&E systems such as extract and supply air ductwork systems, plumbing and heating systems.
We’re looking for:
* Minimum of Electrical/Mechanical City & Guilds Part 1 and 2/’A’ and ’B or equivalent.
* City & Guilds /NVQ/BTEC level in electrical/mechanical engineering/building services or equivalent is desirable.
* Specialist building services training i.e. Water Treatment Systems etc. is desirable.
* Health & Safety IOSH qualification or similar Health & Safety training.
* Good understanding of statutory compliance.
* Forward thinking pro-active approach.
* Be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with colleagues and clients at all levels.
Our facilities management team provides solutions to a wide range of both private and public sector clients. Working together to deliver outstanding results for customers and communities, our work covers all areas of facilities services from project management and compliance to assets, estates and energy management.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
* Location: London, England, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular
* About Skanska: We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic, we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Make your next career move with us.