7 months ago
Purpose of Role
We currently require a Multiksilled Maintenance Engineer at HMP Send to maintain prison buildings, fabric, associated plant and equipment including security items, in a safe manner. The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for Compliance for mainly water (Legionella) and Fire issues.
The Maintenance Engineer will act as a valuable member of the prison maintenance team and will be required to deliver a high level of service to ensure the upkeep of maintenance and repair of all staff and prisoner facilities in the estate.
* Undertake installations, testing, commissioning and basic repairs to plant and equipment
* Ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out, undertake service requests raised by the computer aided facilities management system
* Undertake survey inspections including in confined spaces and at height recording all work and completing associated registers/logs
* Act as a technical specialist advising on regulations, when required,
* Carry out project work including refurbishment of areas within the estate
* Escort technical contractors ,working with and supervising them in accordance with Local Security Strategy (LSS) when required
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary
Additional Role Information
Key Knowledge, Experiences & Skills
* Previous experience working for a similar building services company or have background in building services/facilities management maintenance.
* The completion of a recognized Apprenticeship in a relevant Plumbing/Fabric discipline to a level of NVQ level 2 or equivalent is expected.
* May be currently completing training/apprenticeship or considered to be an improver in Gas, A/C, Electrical, Fabric or Mechanical to NVQ level 3.
* An understanding of current electrical regulations
* Competent at Fabric, Joinery, Plumbing, minor electrical and have a basic understanding of HVAC Systems
* Legionella Awareness
* Asbestos Awareness