3 months ago
Multi-Skilled Engineer (
: United Kingdom-United Kingdom (County level)-Purfleet-Purfleet Factory
: Supply Chain
: Day Job
SALARY: From £35,944 plus £7,013 allowance and bonus of 7.5% of base salary based on factory performance with potential up to 15% of the salary plus Private Healthcare and Pension Scheme:
main purpose and objectives of the job.)
Responsible for delivering specialised maintenance within the Sourcing Unit and setting the Maintenance Strategy for the respective production area. The Technician Craft Multi-Skilled is professionally competent and qualified to operate safely at a post apprentice level in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. She/he must be a mentally agile and advanced problem solver who is able to maximise equipment output through improvements and modifications whilst minimising waste. The Technician Craft Multi-Skilled is able to coach and develop the Operator's core technical skills.
Technical – Able to identify and establish the optimum Maintenance Strategy and Maintenance Regimes for allocated equipment. Depending on the mix of Engineering disciplines offered by the candidate, other core technical capabilities include (See Engineer Technician Skills Profile for full list):
* Mechanical - Maintenance Specialist and user of Condition Based Monitoring.
* Mechanical - Deep knowledge of Automation and Control.
* Mechanical - Knowledge of Machining and Fabrication.
* Mechanical - Conduct machinery assembly, sub-assembly and component repairs.
* Electrical - Qualified to establish power distribution systems and electrical control circuits.
* Electrical - Able to install electrical drive systems and Control Loops.
* Electrical - Optimize control instrumentation and sensors.
* PLC - Able to conduct software programme modifications and fault finding. Manage Programme Logic Control and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Networks (eg Programme modifications, Force Devices and fault finding).
* PLC - Produce a Program for a PLC to Control a Specified Process supported by appropriate documentation.
* Safety - Utilise appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
* Environment - Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
* Quality - Ensure that all aspects of Quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance with local Quality procedures to protect and promote the brand and product.
* Leadership - Promote the development of a highly effective team through strong communication, leading by example whilst keeping focused on goals and targets. Great teams and great leaders will achieve superior performance.
* Continuous Improvement - Use performance measures to identify and priorities losses in production area. Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate losses.
* WCM - Knowledge and understanding of the key principles of WCM and the impact this has on the Key Performance Indicators in the production area (PQSCDMI); must understand the critical inter-relation between WCM and TPM.
* Problem Solving - Has the ability to identify, prioritise and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
* Project Management – Achieve the desired outcomes of the project in line with agreed plans using appropriate project management tools and techniques to ensure the efficient use of technical, financial and human resources.
* Business Awareness - Understanding of the need to meet changing demands and the role of marketing and product innovation in growing the business and increasing the company's share.
* Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses etc and emergency cover.
* Post Apprenticeship Skill level in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (as graded by national standards).
* Formal manufacturing qualification in TPM.
* School leaver qualifications in Reading and Comprehension, Writing and Mathematics. This will support report writing, data analysis, leadership and communication skills amongst othersincluding no. of years).
* Core Engineering Skills – Manufacturing experience of using the minimum of the two Engineering Disciplines required by the role; Mechanical; Electrical or Programme Logic Control.
* Experience of working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector.
* Strong coaching and communication skills.
* Proven analytical skills.
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
* Programme Logic Control qualifications.
* Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company.
* Experience as a team member within a project Management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques.
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.