8 months ago
Requisition ID: 185108
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Multi Cloud DevOps Engineer EMEA
Purpose and Objectives
The Multi Cloud DevOps team sits at the tip of the spear within SAP’s global public cloud transition. As a Senior Multi Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will be at the heart of the engineering process building software and processes that empowers SAP to develop and deliver high quality products quickly. Working with our lines of business, you will help build and run our next-generation multi cloud technologies at global scale. If you are an experienced DevOps Engineer with a passion for delivering innovative IT services and value-creation, a career at SAP Labs may be right for you!
Expectations and tasks
Multi Cloud DevOps Engineers work closely with other engineers and operators to create products from conception to launch, with service operational responsibility in a 24x7 follow the sun mode. You'll work across shared service departments, lines of businesses and global teams to deliver high quality services and ensure business goals are met. The role will focus on breaking down complex problems into tactical actions and implement engineering innovations. This role is based in Belfast, Ireland.
You will be part of a micro team, assisting in developing solutions, implementing requirements, creating processes, procedures, that facilitate product planning and execution. You're equally at home explaining complex recommendations to Engineering and Operating teams, as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with colleagues. You are highly resourceful, analytical, have a combination of focus, flexibility, self-motivation, integrity, willingness to put the team and company’s interest above all else
BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
* Scripting skills in Python, Perl, Bash, Shell or another common language
* Understand TCP/IP and network programming, can deploy VPCs & VPNs to public clouds
* Systems software design or development experience, with experience in Unix/Linux
* Experience with database internals, SQL and programming
* Understanding of virtualization and global infrastructure, load balancing, networking, security and operations
* Team-first outlook including building great working relationships with peers across functions
* Basic knowledge of AWS, GCP and Azure
* Mid-level knowledge of Unix/Linux environments.
* Familiarity with open source cloud and application platforms
* Experience with good understanding of SAP Enterprise business practices
* Cloud Management, Cloud Analytics Experience, CICDCO stacks
* Combination Experience with Git, Jenkins, Confluence, JIRA, RightScale, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Puppet, Packer, Knife, Splunk, VictorOps, Pingdom, New Relic, Evedent.io, Turbonomic and Spinnaker
* 1+ Years’ Enterprise Cloud Engineering and Operations at scale
* 1+ Years’ with Continuous Integration and associated technologies
* 1+ Years’ with at least three of following stacks GCP, AWS, AZ, OpenStack, SoftLayer, AliCloud
* 1+ Years’ experience collaborating and influence others to improve operational processes
* 1+ Years’ experience in cloud operations under follow the sun 24x7 model
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Cloud, ERP, Engineer, Computer Science, Product Development, Technology, Engineering, Research