22 days ago
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services.
We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure including the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK’s defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
What is the purpose of this role?
Milton Keynes Waste Recovery Park brings together state-of-the-art mechanical treatment and heat energy recovery technologies to make the most of Milton Keynes’ black sack waste rubbish in a sustainable way.
As a MT Day Operator you will be a key part of the team to support in operations across the facility. You will be working full time on a 1 weekly rotation basis 06:00-14:00 and 14:00-22:00, although we will require some flexibility in this.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Reporting any HSE hazards or incidents to the Shift Supervisor / Lead Supervisor
• Operating mobile plant, including forklift truck, telehandler and front-loading shovel, 360 excavator as well as performing first-line maintenance
• Management and removal of the IBA (Incinerated Bottom Ash)
• Vehicle marshalling / controlling the tipping hall operation
• Maintaining clean working conditions in the fuel reception area, tipping hall and delivery routes
• Ensuring the constant availability of waste to be processed.
• Carrying out waste inspections and reporting non-conforming waste
• Loading collection vehicles and static plant
What are we looking for
• Experience of mobile plant (front loader, telehandler, FLT) as well as an in house ticket as a minimum
• A strong teamwork ethic
• A flexible approach to working
• An ability to work in a changing, fast paced environment
• Experience in an industry such as waste management, quarrying, cement works, construction or steel would be advantageous