8 months ago
Bring your energy to OVO
We’re looking for the most innovative people in tech to work for an energy company like no other.
OVO’s been doing things differently since day one
We were the first energy supplier to let Pay As You Go customers top up on their phones. And the first to show people their electricity and gas usage in real time. We were even the first to release an Apple Watch app. We’ve been featured in Wired magazine for developing software that shatters the status quo.
We’re just getting started
We need your ideas, expertise and know-how so we can shake things up even more. The challenges never stop at OVO. Mainly because we’re always looking for the next one. Invent. Create. Innovate. Repeat. We believe in the power of technology. And we need the best people out there to spot problems – then solve them.
The goal is to develop, test, and release software that scales. Quickly and reliably. Our hand-picked team of software engineers are making a real impact. Join them.
Right, I’m convinced… but where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be working as part of our innovative VCharge team based in Notting Hill; the newest addition to the OVO Energy family.
We are a start-up team with lots of ambition, building a platform that will change the face of the energy industry. This is your chance to be there at the start of something great and make a difference.
See what we are up to @OVOTechTeam or visit our blog at tech.ovoenergy.com
That sounds great! What will I be doing?
* Own, architect, build and scale parts of our microservice platform.
* Drive both product and technical improvements.
* Communicate your ideas, engage with different teams and encourage debate and collaboration.
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
* At least 4 years experience building scalable, distributed web apps, ideally using Microsoft tech.
* Interest in cross-platform development using Docker and .NET Core.
* Experience with REST and asynchronous event driven programming.
* Experience with CI, and ideally CD
* Experience driving automation across build, test and release processes.
* You consistently exhibit our technology behaviours at a high level.