10 months ago
29 Jun 2018
40 hours per week
Hatfield (Head Office)
Are you a passionate and driven individual who loves to learn? Do you love to be challenged, with the opportunities to improve your skills every day? Read on to find out who we are, and the fantastic work you'll be doing with our enthusiastic mobile department.
We are eCommerce
We build consumer-facing applications which power retail businesses around the world. We take pride in building high-quality solutions, and share a love for what we do; shaping the direction of our most advanced web and mobile platforms to date, as we bring the future of online shopping to millions of customers around the world.
We are constantly focused on delivering new, innovative user experiences that both delight and offer practical, game-changing solutions to markets around the world.
What will you do?
You’ll join one of our cross-platform mobile teams and participate in the development of our native Android and iOS apps and the backend that supports them. You’ll collaborate with product owners and designers to deliver high-quality features that will expand and grow the online presence of several international retailers. You’ll be given autonomy to try out new technologies and techniques that support our business and long-term goals. You’ll be encouraged to share your solutions and findings with a wide audience inside and outside Ocado.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
* Experience with Android or iOS;
* An understanding of automated testing;
* Familiarity with continuous delivery concepts;
* Strong collaboration skills that will allow you to work effectively alongside a cross-functional team;
* A desire to learn from others in order to improve your breadth and depth of knowledge;
* A wish to continuously iterate on features and create the best UX possible across all mobile platforms.
We would love it if you have:
* Previously worked on both Android and iOS;
* Worked in an agile environment;
* Experience with maintaining, or contributing to, open-source projects;
* Experience with Unit and UI testing;
* Knowledge of the most modern mobile architectures;
* A test-driven approach to development;
* Created continuous delivery systems for your apps.
What we can offer you
Within our flexible work environment, we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include a generous pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, healthy Ocado staff discounts (and free delivery) across our Webshops including Groceries, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled.
We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and much more), not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers.
Click to find out more about Ocado Technology and our recruitment process.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Ocado is an equal opportunity employer.