3 months ago
About the role
As an iOS Software Development Engineer, you’ll be working in an agile team of industry leading engineers upon Tesco’s customer facing iOS application. Working with Product Managers, you will be responsible for the future direction of the products that we build, solving problems and developing new features through quality, scalable, performant and maintainable technical solutions. The solutions that you will be responsible for will have a global reach, impacting millions of customers.
You’ll be a passionate, pragmatic iOS Software Development Engineer with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and most importantly put our customer first. You’ll enjoy working as part of a team and be a keen problem solver. Comfortable with modern engineering practices and mobile development tooling and technologies you’ll use innovation to improve the customer experience and efficiency of engineering teams.
You will be responsible for
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. You provide mobile perspective and context for technology choices. You’re up to the challenge of device and mobile network limitations, device fragmentation, and other mobile development curve balls. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with new technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You outline paths from prototype to product. You are a technical leader for your team. You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team.
You will need
We are looking for people who have a passion for Technology. You will likely have made open source contributions and have a Github account. You will demonstrate experience of different platforms and technologies. We expect to see some or all of the following:
* Experience architecting complex mobile applications
* 5+ years of commercial software development experience in IOS/Swift
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms
* Passion for mobile development. We would love to hear about apps you’ve developed.
* Understanding and exposure to integrating REST API endpoints
* Strong experience and understanding of industry standard mobile accessibility
* Experience in full development life cycle; design, coding, test, build, QA, deployment and maintenance
* Exposure to the DevOps model
* Experience in Lean and Agile environments and understanding of principles behind methodologies such as: BDD, ATDD and TDD
* A strong team player with the ability to influence and lead stakeholders when necessary
Demonstrable ability to self-manage, be proactive, take ownership, build relationships and drive solutions through from inception to production
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.