3 months ago
Birmingham - Landor Street
Dates that interviews will take place
Interviews to be arranged locally
£11.85 per hour (including Shift Allowance)
Summary of vacancy
Are you looking for a Mobile Plant Operative role?
Would night shifts suit your lifestyle better?
At Suez, we’re committed to creating a greener planet. We’re working to conserve resources, reduce landfill and much more besides. Join us and you can help.
As a Mobile Plant Operative at SUEZ recycling and recovery UK, you’ll be contributing to an ever growing established company that’s helping customers reduce their impact on the environment, conserve natural resources and reduce landfill.
About the role
* This position is a PERMANENT, FULL TIME position.
* The working hours are are Monday to Friday 8pm - 6am. (45 Hour Week)
* The rate of pay will be up to £11.85 per hour - including a 20% shift allowance)
What will I be doing?
* Carry out instructions issued by the Site Team Leader/Area Supervisor.
* Operate and maintain a variety mobile and fixed plant in compliance with Safe systems of work.
* Maximise the recovery of recycling materials from deliveries to site
* Accurate recording of data from the systems on site,
* Maintaining a tidy site, carrying out general cleaning duties and maintenance
* Ensuring that within their areas of responsibility, SUEZ UK complies fully with its legal duties in respect of the health, safety and welfare of its employees and of other people who may be affected by their actions.
* Co-operating with SUEZ UK and with other employees in order to comply with site permit, all applicable legislation and SUEZ UK’s Policies and Procedures
* Undertaking first aider duties and fire warden duties on site
* Any other duties that are reasonably requested within the scope of the job-role
What are the requirements?
* We are looking for someone who is self-motivated whilst also an enthusiastic team player, with a passion for customer service, to join the team at SUEZ.
* We would like someone who is honest and has a passion for recycling and believes in the SUEZ vision of wanting to live in a society where there is no more waste.
* Mobile Plant Certification - Loading Shovel/Telehandler & Forklift Licence is required.
* The successful individual will be in possession of (or be capable of working towards) COTC Level 4 Waste Transfer Hazardous (4TSH) certificate and both IOSH Certificate Managing safety & paper recovery safety.
The successful candidate will also have experience in or be willing to learn the following:
* FLT counter balance
* Loading shovel
With over 6,000 members of staff working across a whole range of business areas, our people are the company’s greatest asset and we are proud to be an Investor in People.
In 2018 we were awarded by Best companies as one of the top 25 companies in the UK for employee engagement.
As well as our competitive salaries and benefit packages we are able to offer long-term career development within a friendly and supportive environment.
With our collaborative engaging culture, our employees join us and grow with us.
We believe creativity, clear communication and our drive for excellence are the keys to our success.
We also expect our people to be enthusiastic and responsible.
We understand that the richness of the diversity of our employee’s experiences enables us to harness more creativity, innovation and opportunities.
If you share our thinking – and have the qualities we’re looking for – you could play a big part in our dedicated team.
Join us and be part of the Resource Revolution.
SUEZ Recycling & Recovery UK is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out more or apply, please complete the application form and attach your CV.
If you apply for any of our vacancies and do not receive an automated response within 24 hours of submitting your application, please
** No Agencies Please **
About the role