9 months ago
Birmingham, Landor Street
Dates that interviews will take place
Interviews to be arranged locally
£12.08 Per Hour
Summary of vacancy
Are you looking for a Mobile Plant Operative role?
Do night shifts suit your lifestyle better?
Do you want to be part of a winning team?
You can help create a greener UK, whilst being part of a company leading the resource revolution.
As a Mobile Plant Operative at SUEZ recycling and recovery UK, you’ll be contributing to an ever growing established company that’s helping customers reduce their impact on the environment, conserve natural resources and reduce landfill.
About the role
About the role
* This position is a a permanent, full time position.
* The working hours are are Monday to Friday 20:00 - 06:00 (45 hour week).
What will I be doing?
* Carry out instructions issued by the Site Team Leader/Area Supervisor.
* Operate and maintain a variety mobile and fixed plant in compliance with safe systems of work.
* Maximise the recovery of recycling materials from deliveries to site.
* Accurate recording of data from the systems on site.
* Maintain a tidy site, carrying out general cleaning duties and maintenance.
* Ensure that within your areas of responsibility, SUEZ UK complies fully with its legal duties in respect of the health, safety and welfare of its employees and of other people who may be affected by their actions.
* Co-operate with our business and other employees in order to comply with site permit, all applicable legislation and our policies and procedures.
* Undertake first aider duties and fire warden duties on site.
* Any other duties that are reasonably requested within the scope of the job-role.
What are the requirements?
* We are looking for someone who is self-motivated whilst also an enthusiastic team player, with a passion for customer service, to join the team at SUEZ.
* We would like someone who is honest and has a passion for recycling and believes in the SUEZ vision of wanting to live in a society where there is no more waste.
* You will be in possession of (or be capable of working towards) COTC Level 4 Waste Transfer Hazardous (4TSH) certificate and both IOSH Certificate Managing safety & paper recovery safety.
* You will also have experience in, or be willing to learn the following:
* FLT counter balance
* Loading shovel
Who we are
SUEZ recycling and recovery UK is a forward-thinking company recognised as one of the top places in the UK to work. We are proud of the fantastic opportunities for personal growth and development we offer our people. As we continue to develop and grow, you can play an important part in the essential work we are doing to make businesses and communities more sustainable.
Working at SUEZ recycling and recovery UK is not like most jobs – it means striving to secure our planet’s resources and being part of the resource revolution. By joining us, you will help to safeguard the environment and the public through essential waste and water management services, contribute to the sustainable development of communities, businesses and regions, and promote the emerging low-carbon circular economy.
With a raft of benefits, family-friendly policies and excellent remuneration packages, there’s never been a better time to join SUEZ recycling and recovery UK. A friendly and supportive place that you will love to work in, we believe creativity, clear communication and our drive for excellence are the keys to our success. If you share our thinking – and have the qualities we’re looking for – you could play a big part in our dedicated team.
To find out more or apply, please complete the application form and attach your CV.
*No agencies please*