7 months ago
The purpose of this role is to provide a mobile delivery of facilities maintenance services across our client sites within a set region as dictated by management.
Key duties, though not exhaustive, are listed below:
* General small repairs (including but not limited to re-fixing door handles, loose hinges/items, replace slats in blinds, shower fixings and rails)
* Re-lamping of defective luminaries
* Lock replacement for desk/cabinets.
* Code changes to digi locks
* Installation and repair of spy holes
* Installation of new blinds.
* Toilet seat re fixing and replacement
* Loose carpet fixing/carpet tile replacing
* Hanging and re fixing items to walls
* Minor building fabric repairs, walls, skirting boards, doors.
* Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks if required (fire alarm tests, water temperature recording, emergency lighting tests, etc.)
* Monthly utilities meter readings
* Minor decorating tasks
* Minor plumbing repairs including drain blockages
* Supporting external landscaping as required
* Porterage duties (Moves & changes, furniture management & moves, etc.)
* Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders
* Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies
* Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
* Proactively walk the floors, reporting any maintenance or H&S issues to the Helpdesk and appropriate manager.
* Experience of building maintenance and handyman duties
* Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
* Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
* Fault finding abilities are essential
* Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems
* Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team
* Confident, enthusiastic and pro-active
* Experience of working within a customer focused environment
* Able to do the job right and do it right first time, within a pre-determined timescale
* Willingness to undertake further training
* Wanting to achieve success, for his or her self, the business and the customer
* Flexible approach to work and working hours (subject to the EU Working Time Directive)
* Working within the Interserve values and behaviours
* Must hold a full UK driver’s license.
* Previous experience working in a maintenance environment.
* Ability to work alone, using own initiative, and prioritise work load.
* Ability to be part of an on-call rota as required.
* Presented in the most professional manner possible, utilising the uniform and PPE issued.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
* Follow Group and company policies and procedures, at all times.
* Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery, or risk to health and safety, or the environment
* Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received
* Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system
* Responsible for self and others to maintain a safe working environment as per the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent UK and EU amendments.
* HSE management in accordance with our (Interserve) Quality Management System and all legal and statutory requirements.
* Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner.