10 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
QinetiQ provides Subject Matter Expertise in support of the development and provision of new and upgraded mission systems’ capabilities primarily within the Air and Joint C2 domains, but expanding to provide solutions pan-domain. Primarily working in defence, we have several roles to offer, across all levels of experience, within the Mission Systems domain (including expertise in on-platform systems, mission planning and other support systems, and interoperability) that will ensure the UK’s capability both now and in the future.
Job description/Person specification
Based either at QinetiQ Malvern or at our Lincoln Office, you will become part of an ever-expanding team of Mission Systems experts who will influence the way mission systems are designed and operate in an ever more complex environment. At the heart of the Mission Systems Solutions capability is our ability to manage and make sense of information and data; you will be, or will become, expert in the gathering, processing, assimilation, fusion and exploitation of data for use in the on-board, off-board and interoperability areas.
You will work in a variety of teams that deliver cutting-edge solutions on advanced platforms and systems. You will be challenged to be creative and innovative in the Mission Systems arena and develop a deep understanding of information and data flow and exploitation.
Due to the number of positions that we have available, we are interested in hearing from people with experience in all or some of the following:
• Developing or operating complex mission systems including on-platform systems, mission planning and other support systems, and interoperability systems.
• Using a system-of-systems approach or methodology.
• Assessing performance through data and statistical analysis.
• Innovative thinking and novel approaches to analysis techniques.
• Adapting and applying knowledge to unfamiliar domains.
• Development of tools and models to improve efficiency and answer complex problems.
• The production or use of mission data.
• Mission planning system development or operation.
Applicants will have knowledge of some or all of the following:
• Engineering design and implementation processes and methodologies.
• Intelligence Mission Data
• Simulation, operational analysis and synthetic environments.
• Sensor fusion and management.
• Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence.
• Neural Networks.
• Communication systems and techniques, including datalinks.
• Mission planning techniques and data sources.
• Scripting and programming (e.g. MATLAB).
• Degree in a science, engineering or maths subject or demonstrable and suitable experience.
• Innovative self-starter, driven to deliver great results.
• Shows initiative, offers solutions to problems.
• Enthusiastic team player, able to lead and motivate others.
• Quality conscious with strong risk awareness. Able to follow processes and procedures.
• Present a good impression of a QinetiQ professional.
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large company, including flexible benefits, bonus and pension scheme.
Due to the nature of the roles, successful candidates will required to undergo government vetting to achieve SC and/or DV as required.